Ramblings of a Silly Octopus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-02-2011, 01:10 PM

Ramblings of a Silly Octopus
I am an atheist. Before that I was an agnostic. Before that I was a scientific Christian. Before that I was a liberal Christian. And finally, for the good bulk of my life, I was a fundamentalist Christian.

I was indoctrined from age 0, and even conditioned, to believe that the Earth was 6000 years old. That macro-evolution was false. That the bible was true and needed to be properly interpreted. Oh, and that atheism was a satanist belief of pure heresy and diabolical in spirit.

The more I look at it, the more my past resembles something out of a dystopian novel.

I was never average or like the rest. I had a fascination for building things, an inquiring mind, and an unbelievable strong will. I was lied to about many things, and I was stubborn about keeping them without questioning my lies, because I had no way to know any better. I grew up in a community owned and operated (on their property) by fundamentalist Christians. My school was 99% Christian, and those who were not did not speak out for fear of the majority. The internet was not available to me, and my bookshelf consisted of theological books and of course, bibles.

I had Asperger's Syndrome and ADD (both diagnosed). I learned later that the religious organizations advice was to, "beat it out of me," because it was a, "discipline problem". My mother, being a more gentle soul and being raised by a loving mother herself (thank god in the most secular way possible) said, "No, fuck you." Long story short, we left the organization, but was still Christian.

Science. Science got me going. I love learning. I loved algebra. And I swallowed that shit up. I bet you know what happened next... I started asking questions. It was hard and long, but now, I am happily an atheist.

So here I am, ready to join the collective Satanist ranks and deny the Holy Spirit so I may embrace my true creator so he may hug me with his noodley appendage.
Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2011, 02:55 PM
RE: Ramblings of a Silly Octopus
(16-02-2011 01:10 PM)Sacrieur Wrote:  I am an atheist. Before that I was an agnostic. Before that I was a scientific Christian. Before that I was a liberal Christian. And finally, for the good bulk of my life, I was a fundamentalist Christian.

I was indoctrined from age 0, and even conditioned, to believe that the Earth was 6000 years old. That macro-evolution was false. That the bible was true and needed to be properly interpreted. Oh, and that atheism was a satanist belief of pure heresy and diabolical in spirit.

The more I look at it, the more my past resembles something out of a dystopian novel.

I was never average or like the rest. I had a fascination for building things, an inquiring mind, and an unbelievable strong will. I was lied to about many things, and I was stubborn about keeping them without questioning my lies, because I had no way to know any better. I grew up in a community owned and operated (on their property) by fundamentalist Christians. My school was 99% Christian, and those who were not did not speak out for fear of the majority. The internet was not available to me, and my bookshelf consisted of theological books and of course, bibles.

I had Asperger's Syndrome and ADD (both diagnosed). I learned later that the religious organizations advice was to, "beat it out of me," because it was a, "discipline problem". My mother, being a more gentle soul and being raised by a loving mother herself (thank god in the most secular way possible) said, "No, fuck you." Long story short, we left the organization, but was still Christian.

Science. Science got me going. I love learning. I loved algebra. And I swallowed that shit up. I bet you know what happened next... I started asking questions. It was hard and long, but now, I am happily an atheist.

So here I am, ready to join the collective Satanist ranks and deny the Holy Spirit so I may embrace my true creator so he may hug me with his noodley appendage.
Ape-man to that...
Did I just say ape-man? I totally mean Amen. Smile

Welcome!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-02-2011, 04:35 PM
(16-02-2011 02:55 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
(16-02-2011 01:10 PM)Sacrieur Wrote:  I am an atheist. Before that I was an agnostic. Before that I was a scientific Christian. Before that I was a liberal Christian. And finally, for the good bulk of my life, I was a fundamentalist Christian.

Ape-man to that...

Welcome!
I believe you meant Ramen Smile

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
17-02-2011, 12:24 PM
(16-02-2011 04:35 PM)cfhmagnet Wrote:  
(16-02-2011 02:55 PM)The_observer Wrote:  Ape-man to that...

Welcome!
???
[Image: Ramen-Noodles-Katokichi-3-Frozen-Japanese-Noodle.jpg]

Oh my... I hope I haven’t upset his noodlelyness...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
17-02-2011, 02:31 PM

(17-02-2011 12:24 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
(16-02-2011 04:35 PM)cfhmagnet Wrote:  
(16-02-2011 02:55 PM)The_observer Wrote:  Ape-man to that...

Welcome!
???
[Image: Ramen-Noodles-Katokichi-3-Frozen-Japanese-Noodle.jpg]

Oh my... I hope I haven’t upset his noodlelyness...

I hope those noodles are kosher.
Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2011, 09:44 PM
The Flying Spagetti monster is made out of kosher noodles? Heaven's to Mergatroid! Tongue

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
17-02-2011, 09:51 PM
You guys funny. Wink

Welcome Sacrieur!

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink