Ramen & Pho

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2013, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2013 02:12 PM by Adrianime.)
Ramen & Pho
This is a small peek inside my mind and how I think... (rambling time commences)

I walk into my office today and have a short conversation about anime with a coworker, he points out that another coworker left us treats on our desks, cookies. Throughout the morning I happily devour 5 cookies, and they are delicious. I think I had an m&m chip, 2 gingerbread, chocolate, and shortbread cookies.

But now, alas, it is lunch time. And given my incredibly sweet morning, I have an overwhelming desire for something with a heavy, salty flavor. What comes to mind? Ramen..or Pho.

Have you noticed how the contrast between sweet and salty is so harmonious? There is a Pho place that once upon a time served incredibly sweet melon slices to you once you finish your pho. I think the sweetness had to do with how salty pho is. Try eating something sweet after eating pho. You might be surprised Drooling. I know some pho places serve cream puffs, but I've never been to such a place.

Ah, I do love pho, it's a beautiful dish. Would you guess that the broth has cinnamon as a central flavor? Ever since I learned this I've been adding cinnamon to meats, spaghetti sauces, and curries. It's interesting, if you be sure to keep it subtle. Do not add too much! That is a strong spice!

I didn't eat much pho until I started working here in Seattle and found this pretty decent place called Cafe pho. It was next to a curry place that I absolutely love. I ate there every day for a few months and I gotta say, pho doesn't get boring. Not for me anyways. Pour some sriracha in that bad boy and you got yourself one tasty dish! Drooling.

I grew up eating ramen...good ole packaged ramen. Maruchan!!!! Haha, I do enjoy ramen even though I rarely eat it now. I go to the asian market and buy the more expensive packages now to experience different flavors. Everybody should try Shin Ramyun if they like spicy foods Smile.

Which do you prefer? Ramen? Pho? I don't know if I can pick, honestly. Do you think they are similar? I do not, but I often use one to compare to the other when a person has not heard of one. They truly are wonderful foods.

So now it is lunch time, and I am craving pho or ramen like crazy. I want to counter that sweet punch in the mouth I got from all of those cookes. But...unfortunately pho and ramen aren't on the menu today. I brought frozen fettucini alfredo with veggies Sad. So I'll make do with that.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
23-12-2013, 03:59 PM
RE: Ramen & Pho
I prefer the prepackaged ramen, mostly because I'm a picky eater, and noodles I'm chicken broth is right up my alley Laugh out load

Totally agree though, sweet and salty just go together beautifully!
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
23-12-2013, 06:05 PM
(23-12-2013 03:59 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I prefer the prepackaged ramen, mostly because I'm a picky eater, and noodles I'm chicken broth is right up my alley Laugh out load

Totally agree though, sweet and salty just go together beautifully!
nice Thumbsup! So you like ramen over pho? Have you ever had "real" ramen (from a restaurant or noodle house)?

I had it once, but it wasn't as good as maruchan Sad haha.
23-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Blush I suppose I've never had pho.. Or real ramen, what's in pho?
23-12-2013, 06:35 PM
(23-12-2013 02:07 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  This is a small peek inside my mind and how I think... (rambling time commences)

I walk into my office today and have a short conversation about anime with a coworker, he points out that another coworker left us treats on our desks, cookies. Throughout the morning I happily devour 5 cookies, and they are delicious. I think I had an m&m chip, 2 gingerbread, chocolate, and shortbread cookies.

But now, alas, it is lunch time. And given my incredibly sweet morning, I have an overwhelming desire for something with a heavy, salty flavor. What comes to mind? Ramen..or Pho.

Have you noticed how the contrast between sweet and salty is so harmonious? There is a Pho place that once upon a time served incredibly sweet melon slices to you once you finish your pho. I think the sweetness had to do with how salty pho is. Try eating something sweet after eating pho. You might be surprised Drooling. I know some pho places serve cream puffs, but I've never been to such a place.

Ah, I do love pho, it's a beautiful dish. Would you guess that the broth has cinnamon as a central flavor? Ever since I learned this I've been adding cinnamon to meats, spaghetti sauces, and curries. It's interesting, if you be sure to keep it subtle. Do not add too much! That is a strong spice!

I didn't eat much pho until I started working here in Seattle and found this pretty decent place called Cafe pho. It was next to a curry place that I absolutely love. I ate there every day for a few months and I gotta say, pho doesn't get boring. Not for me anyways. Pour some sriracha in that bad boy and you got yourself one tasty dish! Drooling.

I grew up eating ramen...good ole packaged ramen. Maruchan!!!! Haha, I do enjoy ramen even though I rarely eat it now. I go to the asian market and buy the more expensive packages now to experience different flavors. Everybody should try Shin Ramyun if they like spicy foods Smile.

Which do you prefer? Ramen? Pho? I don't know if I can pick, honestly. Do you think they are similar? I do not, but I often use one to compare to the other when a person has not heard of one. They truly are wonderful foods.

So now it is lunch time, and I am craving pho or ramen like crazy. I want to counter that sweet punch in the mouth I got from all of those cookes. But...unfortunately pho and ramen aren't on the menu today. I brought frozen fettucini alfredo with veggies Sad. So I'll make do with that.

I've never heard of pho. What is it? La Marucha (ramen) is my favorite lol. I love the shrimp with lime and chili powder! Mmm
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
23-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Damnit, Em-Dizzle and The Fray lover! No Pho Weeping !?!?! I wish I could take you both out to pho. Think of an Asian chicken noodle soup (although most notable is the beef pho). Niether of you are in Washington right? Haha. I compare it to ramen because it is Asian...but the essence of pho is comfort food.

Not sure if this will work...but this is some chicken pho: [Image: cafe-pho.jpg&w=450&h=450...;amp;ty=95]

Btw, I love putting soy sauce and chili powder in ramen. Sesame oil is good too! And real meat and veggies. I've made so many dishes from ramen packages haha.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
23-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Dangit, I can't see the picture, but I'd guess I wouldn't be able to eat it lol I'm so picky, have a slight case of selective eating disorder, and it BLOWS Weeping

Is it pronounced fah? If so, I have at least heard of it Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
23-12-2013, 07:32 PM
(23-12-2013 07:19 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Damnit, Em-Dizzle and The Fray lover! No Pho Weeping !?!?! I wish I could take you both out to pho. Think of an Asian chicken noodle soup (although most notable is the beef pho). Niether of you are in Washington right? Haha. I compare it to ramen because it is Asian...but the essence of pho is comfort food.

Not sure if this will work...but this is some chicken pho: [Image: cafe-pho.jpg&w=450&h=450...;amp;ty=95]

Btw, I love putting soy sauce and chili powder in ramen. Sesame oil is good too! And real meat and veggies. I've made so many dishes from ramen packages haha.

I can't see it Sad
I'm sure it is good though.
When I was in Guatemala I learned how to make caldo de camarĂ³n (which is amazing shrimp soup btw). When I returned to the US I messed around with it, and discovered that it is amazing with chipotle peppers and ramen.
You're making me hungry stop it!
23-12-2013, 07:47 PM
I *LOVE* pho with a fiery passion that consumes my soul....and taste buds.

I sprout the mung beans myself (not as pretty as store-bought, but fuck you.) Fresh lime and fresh cilantro are a must, but I don't usually use noodles for some reason. I also don't char the onion or ginger for the broth which I understand is an abomination. Don't care. Wink I use egg shells and shrimp shells for the broth, too. One of WalMart's cheapy rotisserie chickens is great for it.

Btw my pho is usually chicken and shrimp.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
23-12-2013, 08:06 PM
So I googled pho images and spicy shrimp pho images. Dear Lord, I need to find a restaurant t in Ohio that sells pho. I'm drooling now lol

[Image: HU7wekj.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post