Ramen & Pho

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2013, 09:01 PM
RE: Ramen & Pho
(23-12-2013 08:06 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  So I googled pho images and spicy shrimp pho images. Dear Lord, I need to find a restaurant t in Ohio that sells pho. I'm drooling now lol

Just trust us that it really is as good as it looks. <3

There's only one restaurant in my town that offers it and I've never had it because it's 20 bucks a bowl. Can't bring myself to pay that much for soup. Not even soup THAT good. Wink I can make a huge batch of it for about $30 and we eat the leftovers for 3-5 nights. If you like it try making it yourself. (Assuming you can cook...I know a lot of people don't cook these days.)

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
23-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Ramen is great. I throw out that seasoning packet though, fuck it.
All you need to add is srirachaBig Grin I also experimented and added eggs to the boiling water. So good, and I inadvertently learned how to make poached eggs.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
23-12-2013, 09:28 PM
(23-12-2013 07:25 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Dangit, I can't see the picture, but I'd guess I wouldn't be able to eat it lol I'm so picky, have a slight case of selective eating disorder, and it BLOWS Weeping

Is it pronounced fah? If so, I have at least heard of it Thumbsup
It's pronounced fuh, so pretty much! Hmm, if you can eat chicken noodle soup then you should be able to eat pho Smile. You can get it with just broth and noodles if you want. There is some pho for everybody!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
23-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Cephalotus (and lostandinsecure), adding seafood to pho is pure blasphemy!!! Hobo

(23-12-2013 09:09 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Ramen is great. I throw out that seasoning packet though, fuck it.
All you need to add is srirachaBig Grin I also experimented and added eggs to the boiling water. So good, and I inadvertently learned how to make poached eggs.
Aww man, I love adding eggs to the boiling water, but you ditch the seasoning packet Sad haha. MSG IS YOUR FRIEND.

[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
23-12-2013, 09:42 PM
(23-12-2013 09:32 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Cephalotus (and lostandinsecure), adding seafood to pho is pure blasphemy!!! Hobo

(23-12-2013 09:09 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Ramen is great. I throw out that seasoning packet though, fuck it.
Aww man, I love adding eggs to the boiling water, but you ditch the seasoning packet Sad haha. MSG IS YOUR FRIEND.

I've never had pho, love, so I don't know the rules. Lol. But shrimp with ramen is delicious!
I also love to add eggs to the boiling water and add sriracha (sp?), but I still use the flavor packet.

I never knew other people did that! Lol
23-12-2013, 09:46 PM
(23-12-2013 09:42 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 09:32 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Cephalotus (and lostandinsecure), adding seafood to pho is pure blasphemy!!! Hobo

I've never had pho, love, so I don't know the rules. Lol. But shrimp with ramen is delicious!
I also love to add eggs to the boiling water and add sriracha (sp?), but I still use the flavor packet.

I bet you thought you were weird and thought you were the only one ever. But nope.
Congratulations! You have good tasteBig Grin

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
23-12-2013, 09:47 PM
(23-12-2013 09:42 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I've never had pho, love, so I don't know the rules. Lol. But shrimp with ramen is delicious!

Haha, I do lots of stuff with ramen. Definitely what you just described.

And haha I'm just joking, seafood pho is real, and common. I just don't eat seafood, so I take every chance I get to attack its existence Tongue.

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
23-12-2013, 10:02 PM
(23-12-2013 09:28 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 07:25 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Dangit, I can't see the picture, but I'd guess I wouldn't be able to eat it lol I'm so picky, have a slight case of selective eating disorder, and it BLOWS Weeping

Is it pronounced fah? If so, I have at least heard of it Thumbsup
It's pronounced fuh, so pretty much! Hmm, if you can eat chicken noodle soup then you should be able to eat pho Smile. You can get it with just broth and noodles if you want. There is some pho for everybody!

Yay! I was going to say, if someone could make that for me, and then just serve me the noodles and broth, I'd enjoy it. Laugh out load I love the favors of all the extra stuff, just can't do the textures.
23-12-2013, 10:10 PM
(23-12-2013 10:02 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Yay! I was going to say, if someone could make that for me, and then just serve me the noodles and broth, I'd enjoy it. Laugh out load I love the favors of all the extra stuff, just can't do the textures.
Yeah, my friend asks for his without onions or any of the other garnishes. A huge waste, but the broth is where it is at anyways. I put sriracha in my broth to make it nice and spicy Big Grin And I also drink ALL my broth always!

BTW, for you vegetarians out there, tofu pho is delicious also. I get that from time to time.

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
23-12-2013, 10:32 PM
(23-12-2013 10:10 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 10:02 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Yay! I was going to say, if someone could make that for me, and then just serve me the noodles and broth, I'd enjoy it. Laugh out load I love the favors of all the extra stuff, just can't do the textures.
Yeah, my friend asks for his without onions or any of the other garnishes. A huge waste, but the broth is where it is at anyways. I put sriracha in my broth to make it nice and spicy Big Grin And I also drink ALL my broth always!

BTW, for you vegetarians out there, tofu pho is delicious also. I get that from time to time.

I'd rather have just veggies. Tofu is the worst!
Just feeling it in my mouth makes me nauseous. Bleh!