Rampant and Jeremy and the Kalam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2014, 11:58 AM
RE: Rampant and Jeremy and the Kalam
(27-05-2014 10:23 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  The thread we just had (unless I'm mixing up TTA and AF again) where the OP went into some retarded argument about numerical bases, The Golden Ratio, and Fibonacci sequences made me want to bang my head against a wall. Numbers are not magical, and seeing a "hidden code underlying all of nature" or "perfect geometry" speaks more to projectionist wishful thinking.

http://youtu.be/4oyyXC5IzEE

Very long video, but he absolutely destroys myths about The Golden Rule and Fibonacci sequences.

I already don't believe in god, but now you have to ruin math for me too Weeping
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2014, 07:56 PM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2014 02:27 AM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
So I did some digging, and this whole shit about PSR? I'd forgotten about this -- Remember Voltaire's "Candide"?: "Observe: noses were made to support spectacles, hence we have spectacles. Legs, as anyone can plainly see, were made to be breeched, and so we have breeches. . . " --The whole point of it was to mock Leibniz's PSR (as well as his "Best of all possible worlds" horseshit, all of which was part of Leibniz's strategy to "prove Gawd", and all of which amounted to then, and still amounts to, presuppositional "Gawd, therefore x, therefore Gawd" snake-oil bullshit).

Interesting and enlightening reading here:

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/sufficient-reason/

(Edited for detail and clarity, after fighting mobile issues and losing...)

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
27-05-2014, 08:07 PM
Everything you need to know about Jeremy E Walker.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
28-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Wow. A couple of days without xtian trolls. How refreshing. Thumbsup

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
28-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Jeremy is like a talentless singer jealously holding the karaoke microphone.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
29-05-2014, 01:22 AM
(28-05-2014 08:40 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Jeremy is like a talentless singer jealously holding the karaoke microphone.

It will be somewhat annoying if he's back on 1st or 2nd of June when my boxing match challenge will have been open for 7 days without a response and subsequently closed.
29-05-2014, 02:30 AM
(29-05-2014 01:22 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(28-05-2014 08:40 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Jeremy is like a talentless singer jealously holding the karaoke microphone.

It will be somewhat annoying if he's back on 1st or 2nd of June when my boxing match challenge will have been open for 7 days without a response and subsequently closed.

I'll reopen it if that comes to pass.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post