Ran across a circumcision article in the news.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Ran across a circumcision article in the news.
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/03/05...latestnews

Quote:A two-week-old infant died at a Brooklyn hospital in September after contracting herpes through a controversial religious circumcision ritual, the New York Daily News reported.

A spokeswoman for the city Medical Examiner told the newspaper that the unidentified baby boy died September 28, 2011, at Maimonides Hospital. The official cause of death was listed as “disseminated herpes simplex virus Type 1, complicating ritual circumcision with oral suction.”

As part of the ultra-orthodox Jewish circumcision ritual—known as metzitzah b’peh—the rabbi or mohel removes blood from the wound with his mouth.

The brit milah (pronounced bris), otherwise known as circumcision, is a rite of passage in the Jewish faith, though different groups follow different sets of procedures. The Rabbinical Council of America endorses the practice of using a sterile glass tube between the mohel’s mouth and the baby’s wound for the more orthodox metzitzah b’peh procedure. For less conservative Jews, the baby’s skin only comes into contact with surgical tools.

It is unclear who performed the circumcision, according to the Daily News.

In 2004, another baby died after contracting herpes from a rabbi in Rockland County, N.Y. City health officials have denounced the ritual, saying it carries “inherent risks” for babies.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2012, 09:56 PM
RE: Ran across a circumcision article in the news.
Sad sad for the life lost unnecessarily.

I didn't know that part of the ritual existed. How does shit like that become a ritual and okay? Am I reading right, they suck the blood off the penis after cutting off the foreskin? That's sick!
05-03-2012, 09:59 PM
(05-03-2012 09:56 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Sad sad for the life lost unnecessarily.

I didn't know that part of the ritual existed. How does shit like that become a ritual and okay? Am I reading right, they suck the blood off the penis after cutting off the foreskin? That's sick!

It's VERY sick, and totally discriminatory. Why are Rabbis allowed to suck little boy's dicks, but Catholic Priests are not? Huh

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
05-03-2012, 10:02 PM
This is disturbing... why is this a ritual? Why is this legal?

There are so many things wrong with this...

[Image: vjp09.gif]
05-03-2012, 10:29 PM
they drink babies blood? amateurs! I eat those things for breakfast Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
07-03-2012, 07:49 PM
(05-03-2012 05:24 PM)germanyt Wrote:  http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/03/05...latestnews

Quote:A two-week-old infant died at a Brooklyn hospital in September after contracting herpes through a controversial religious circumcision ritual, the New York Daily News reported.

A spokeswoman for the city Medical Examiner told the newspaper that the unidentified baby boy died September 28, 2011, at Maimonides Hospital. The official cause of death was listed as “disseminated herpes simplex virus Type 1, complicating ritual circumcision with oral suction.”

As part of the ultra-orthodox Jewish circumcision ritual—known as metzitzah b’peh—the rabbi or mohel removes blood from the wound with his mouth.

The brit milah (pronounced bris), otherwise known as circumcision, is a rite of passage in the Jewish faith, though different groups follow different sets of procedures. The Rabbinical Council of America endorses the practice of using a sterile glass tube between the mohel’s mouth and the baby’s wound for the more orthodox metzitzah b’peh procedure. For less conservative Jews, the baby’s skin only comes into contact with surgical tools.

In 2004, another baby died after contracting herpes from a rabbi in Rockland County, N.Y. City health officials have denounced the ritual, saying it carries “inherent risks” for babies.

So, can we count you in on the anti-mutilation side now?Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-03-2012, 09:34 AM
(07-03-2012 07:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-03-2012 05:24 PM)germanyt Wrote:  http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/03/05...latestnews

So, can we count you in on the anti-mutilation side now?Dodgy

*sighs and stares at keyboard*

I suppose so.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
08-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Usually. I'd have some witty comment or amusing remark. This one on the other hand has me speechless. I literally have never encountered something like this before I am even unsure how to classify this kind of thing....I am at a loss.

And here I thought that 4Chan had prepared me for any eventuality......

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
09-03-2012, 07:39 PM
(08-03-2012 09:41 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  Usually. I'd have some witty comment or amusing remark. This one on the other hand has me speechless. I literally have never encountered something like this before I am even unsure how to classify this kind of thing....I am at a loss.

And here I thought that 4Chan had prepared me for any eventuality......

I can, but it would be massively inappropriate and to get my humour most would need to spend some time with me.
And that’s just cruel…

Poor little tyke, never had a chance.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
12-03-2012, 11:26 AM
I was expecting that something, went wrong during the circumcision. Then I read the rest...

Sucking blood from a babies genitalia, thus the child contracting Herpes?Sad You need to messed up in the head, to even want to do that!