Ran across this hilarious site

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2014, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2014 11:20 AM by rampant.a.i..)
With this gem on the first page:

"“Carl Sagan was right: We do need baloney detectors. But we don’t need to beam them on Christian beliefs, as Sagan urged; instead, let’s use them to get an honest take on the fossil record and to separate science from philosophy. And we should encourage robust debate between creationists and evolutionists: It keeps both sides from ignoring evidence that does not appear to fit their theories.” – Chuck Colson, “Is Natural All There Is?”, Breakpoint radio transcript #80209, 1998."

http://creationsafaris.com/crevbd.htm

[Image: BM-BD-RedHerring.jpg]

See, you should think critically, but not about your beliefs. Instead, you should be critical of anything that doesn't match your preexisting beliefs.

[Image: BM-BD-BigLie.jpg]

It's like watching a the titanic sink over and over again...

[Image: BM-BD-SelfRefuting.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
02-06-2014, 11:25 AM
RE: Ran across this hilarious site
Watching creationists play with logic is a lot like me watching my two-year-old play with a sharp knife; it's a good tool, but I don't trust her with it. She'll likely do more damage than good.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
02-06-2014, 11:39 AM
(02-06-2014 11:25 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Watching creationists play with logic is a lot like me watching my two-year-old play with a sharp knife; it's a good tool, but I don't trust her with it. She'll likely do more damage than good.

Actually, it's more severe than that. You leave creationists with logic, then the next thing you know, they've managed to find a monkey and are desperately trying to teach it to fly using nothing but its farts, while chanting the Spongebob theme song.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
02-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Quite a few fallacies here... Lots of strawmen and oversimplification.

Truth seeker.
[+] 1 user Likes diddo97's post
02-06-2014, 01:01 PM
I have to say those cartoons make me quite angry. People don't become scientists for the money but for the love of knowledge, exploration and very often a desire to make the world a better place. And for some fuckwits to come along and deliberately deceive others like that by appealing to their ignorance is poisonous.

May they burn in their make-believe Hell while they are still alive.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
02-06-2014, 01:44 PM
(02-06-2014 01:01 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I have to say those cartoons make me quite angry. People don't become scientists for the money but for the love of knowledge, exploration and very often a desire to make the world a better place. And for some fuckwits to come along and deliberately deceive others like that by appealing to their ignorance is poisonous.

Quiet! You're destroying their illusions of persecution! Without liberal atheist scientists conspiring to kill God for profit, they won't have any way to reject facts!
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
02-06-2014, 01:46 PM
They have a dog constantly thinking about weiners. Why don't we have dogs thinking about weiners...
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
02-06-2014, 02:02 PM
(02-06-2014 01:46 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  They have a dog constantly thinking about weiners. Why don't we have dogs thinking about weiners...

This is ironic, given that they also believe they have a god constantly thinking about weiners. It makes me wonder if the guy who wrote up the proof of concept for the comic was dyslexic.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
02-06-2014, 07:06 PM
Watching creationists use logic is like watching retards fuck. LOL.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
02-06-2014, 08:39 PM
(02-06-2014 07:06 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Watching creationists use logic is like watching retards fuck. LOL.

Hilarious! Funniest thing I've read in weeks!
[+] 1 user Likes hotnostril's post