Rand Paul NOT board certified.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2014, 05:54 PM
RE: Rand Paul NOT board certified.
(21-10-2014 04:56 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 02:32 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  If I were him, I'd be cursing my parents and pursuing a name change.

At least he wasn't given 'Ayn'.

Well if he didn't embrace those individualist ideals so deeply he probably would despise it.

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

[Kung Fu Monkey -- Ephemera, blog post, March 19, 2009]”

― John Rogers

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Revenant77x's post
21-10-2014, 07:07 PM
I'm not real interested in such minor things. I consider this to be a minor blemish which should (won't, but should) be largely overlooked. Of course I don't really give a shit if Obama was born in Kenya, Hawaii or otherwise either. His life is in America and I don't think he is going to sell us out to Kenya. The real thing that's interesting is, can he be trusted, does he vote consistently and honestly, is he corrupt, etc. Don't much care about Rand. I consider him pretty much on par with other politicians. Yup, that bad.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
21-10-2014, 09:44 PM
(21-10-2014 07:07 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I'm not real interested in such minor things. I consider this to be a minor blemish which should (won't, but should) be largely overlooked. Of course I don't really give a shit if Obama was born in Kenya, Hawaii or otherwise either. His life is in America and I don't think he is going to sell us out to Kenya. The real thing that's interesting is, can he be trusted, does he vote consistently and honestly, is he corrupt, etc. Don't much care about Rand. I consider him pretty much on par with other politicians. Yup, that bad.

Well, if Obama had actually been born in Kenya, then he technically couldn't be President. I think this was the straw a lot of ignorant fuckwits were desperately grasping at, some feeble attempt to undue the results of the election. Notice however, that those same mouth-breathing Republicunts (and Fox News) are silent to the fact that Presidential hopeful Ted Cruz was born in Canada, and is entirely ineligible to become President because of it.

Nothing against Canada; it's just, those are the rules.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
21-10-2014, 09:50 PM
(21-10-2014 09:44 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 07:07 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I'm not real interested in such minor things. I consider this to be a minor blemish which should (won't, but should) be largely overlooked. Of course I don't really give a shit if Obama was born in Kenya, Hawaii or otherwise either. His life is in America and I don't think he is going to sell us out to Kenya. The real thing that's interesting is, can he be trusted, does he vote consistently and honestly, is he corrupt, etc. Don't much care about Rand. I consider him pretty much on par with other politicians. Yup, that bad.

Well, if Obama had actually been born in Kenya, then he technically couldn't be President. I think this was the straw a lot of ignorant fuckwits were desperately grasping at, some feeble attempt to undue the results of the election. Notice however, that those same mouth-breathing Republicunts (and Fox News) are silent to the fact that Presidential hopeful Ted Cruz was born in Canada, and is entirely ineligible to become President because of it.

That is not correct. His place of birth has nothing to do with his eligibility because his Mother is a US citizen. The worst part of the whole birther nonsense is even if they were right it would not make a lick of difference.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
21-10-2014, 09:53 PM
(21-10-2014 09:44 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

I understand that, I'm just more interested in the intentions behind the rules rather than the rules.

21-10-2014, 09:53 PM
To be fair to Cruz, that rule is pretty much irrelevant now. It shouldn't be more a factor for president than for senators which just demand living in the US for a certain period of time.

It's a shame for him if he wanted to be president, that those who would like him apparently like the rule. Thought its purpose was to prevent the old European nobility from establishing power in the US.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
21-10-2014, 09:57 PM
(21-10-2014 09:53 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  To be fair to Cruz, that rule is pretty much irrelevant now. It shouldn't be more a factor for president than for senators which just demand living in the US for a certain period of time.

It's a shame for him if he wanted to be president, that those who would like him apparently like the rule. Thought its purpose was to prevent the old European nobility from establishing power in the US.

I disagree with you there. That was the immediate need for the rule, but I also think that the American Fore-fathers were weary of future situations which could undermine the government for the purpose of 'selling us out' to foreign countries to which the president may have loyalties. I just don't that that was the case with Obama regardless of his place of birth. Don't get me wrong, I still dislike Obama.

21-10-2014, 11:03 PM
(21-10-2014 04:56 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 02:32 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  If I were him, I'd be cursing my parents and pursuing a name change.

At least he wasn't given 'Ayn'.

Well if he didn't embrace those individualist ideals so deeply he probably would despise it.

Is this individualism rugged, by any chance?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-10-2014, 02:39 AM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2014 02:42 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(21-10-2014 09:44 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, if Obama had actually been born in Kenya, then he technically couldn't be President. I think this was the straw a lot of ignorant fuckwits were desperately grasping at, some feeble attempt to undue the results of the election. Notice however, that those same mouth-breathing Republicunts (and Fox News) are silent to the fact that Presidential hopeful Ted Cruz was born in Canada, and is entirely ineligible to become President because of it.

In 1790 Cruz would be able to run for president.

"the children of citizens of the United States that may be born beyond sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born citizens".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalization_Act_of_1790

The law was replaced in 1795 so it is no longer in effect. It is the only law that has ever used the term "natural born citizens".

If Cruz ran today, there would be a court case to define what is meant by "Natural Born Citizen" as the slack jawed democunts would mount their own birther movement.
22-10-2014, 03:09 AM
(22-10-2014 02:39 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 09:44 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, if Obama had actually been born in Kenya, then he technically couldn't be President. I think this was the straw a lot of ignorant fuckwits were desperately grasping at, some feeble attempt to undue the results of the election. Notice however, that those same mouth-breathing Republicunts (and Fox News) are silent to the fact that Presidential hopeful Ted Cruz was born in Canada, and is entirely ineligible to become President because of it.

In 1790 Cruz would be able to run for president.

"the children of citizens of the United States that may be born beyond sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born citizens".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturalization_Act_of_1790

The law was replaced in 1795 so it is no longer in effect. It is the only law that has ever used the term "natural born citizens".

If Cruz ran today, there would be a court case to define what is meant by "Natural Born Citizen" as the slack jawed democunts would mount their own birther movement.

The biggest difference being that Ted Cruz actually was born in Canada, and is still eligible due to his mother's citizen status.