Rand Paul filibustering Brennan nomination right now.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Rand Paul filibustering Brennan nomination right now.
http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN2/

Keep it up Rand.

‎"I will speak until I can no longer speak, I will speak as long as it takes, until the alarm is sounded from coast to coast that our constitution is important, that your right to trial by jury is precious, that no American should be killed on American soil without first being charged with a crime, without first being found to be guilty by a court."

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
06-03-2013, 06:17 PM
RE: Rand Paul filibustering Brennan nomination right now.
I'm right there with you brother.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes smidgen's post
06-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Old school filibustering should be the only mode of filibuster. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-03-2013, 10:30 PM
http://israndpaulstilltalking.com/

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
06-03-2013, 10:33 PM
I surely hope that everyone that has read this thread has done something to bring attention to Rand and this issue. Share it on your Facebook or whatever you have to do. All Senator Paul wants is clarification from the executive branch that they either do or do not believe they have the authority to target American citizens on American soil with drones and without the constitutional right to a trial by jury. The WH has yet, after 11 hours, to offer any comment on this. Why is it so damn hard to come forth and admit that the administration does not intend or have the authority to kill Americans without due process? If you are Democrat or Republican you should be outraged at the Obama administration's silence on this matter.

-Mark Twain
07-03-2013, 04:18 AM
(06-03-2013 05:34 PM)germanyt Wrote:  http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN2/

Keep it up Rand.

‎"I will speak until I can no longer speak, I will speak as long as it takes, until the alarm is sounded from coast to coast that our constitution is important, that your right to trial by jury is precious, that no American should be killed on American soil without first being charged with a crime, without first being found to be guilty by a court."
I agree with Rand in principle but there are situations where it is correct to kill an american citizens before they are found guilty by a court. Cops do it all the time.

The Dark One is a whiny dumbass...seriously he is a dumbass. He can dish it out, but if you dish it back, he gets majorly butthurt and goes on a neg rep rampage. What a dick.
07-03-2013, 04:47 AM
He had to leave to pee, so the filibuster is over. He held it for thirteen hours though; well done.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
07-03-2013, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 04:55 PM by germanyt.)
(07-03-2013 04:18 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(06-03-2013 05:34 PM)germanyt Wrote:  http://www.c-span.org/Live-Video/C-SPAN2/

Keep it up Rand.

I agree with Rand in principle but there are situations where it is correct to kill an american citizens before they are found guilty by a court. Cops do it all the time.
That is not what Rand is talking about. Cops kill people who present an immediate danger to the lives of them or someone else. They don't just kill bad people. Should a terrorist with a bomb strapped to his chest be killed without trial? Of course. Nobody is debating that. Should an American citizen in his California home who is mapping out on his computer a way to bomb the pentagon have a missile fired through his window? Hell no! But that isn't the biggest problem. There is no clear definition of who is a threat and what is considered imminent. Like Rand said, is Jane Fonda a thread deserving of a drone strike?

-Mark Twain
07-03-2013, 05:06 PM
(07-03-2013 04:50 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 04:18 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I agree with Rand in principle but there are situations where it is correct to kill an american citizens before they are found guilty by a court. Cops do it all the time.
That is not what Rand is talking about. Cops kill people who present an immediate danger to the lives of them or someone else. They don't just kill bad people. Should a terrorist with a bomb strapped to his chest be killed without trial? Of course. Nobody is debating that. Should an American citizen in his California home who is mapping out on his computer a way to bomb the pentagon have a missile fired through his window? Hell no! But that isn't the biggest problem. There is no clear definition of who is a threat and what is considered imminent. Like Rand said, is Jane Fonda a thread deserving of a drone strike?
A good question, indeed.

But I still can't support Creationists (him and his father potentially being racist doesn't help, either). Drinking Beverage

Drinking Beverage Enjoy your daily dose of syrup! And coffee. Don't forget the coffee.
07-03-2013, 05:30 PM
(07-03-2013 04:50 PM)germanyt Wrote:  There is no clear definition of who is a threat and what is considered imminent.

That probably should have been talked over a lot sooner than now. You would think that would have been discussed prior to declaring war on the bogeyman.

When you are chasing a group of people around the world, who are hard to identify, hard to locate and hard to target, it's very likely that you'll take the easiest way, for all of the above. That would include how to define the groups, who is in what group and who is a major threat, and after figuring that, by what means should you take them out? The answer(s) would be: any person we don't like, and with drones.

The answer to whether, or not, they think they have the authority to do the same things in America -- yes. That is completely unrealistic, however. In America, the identifying, locating and targeting becomes a lot easier: You just pick a random Muslim, from a random neighborhood with a high number of Muslims, ask them if the want to build a bomb, then arrest them. Well, maybe not completely random, but still.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell