Rand Paul filibustering Brennan nomination right now.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2013, 02:34 AM
RE: Rand Paul filibustering Brennan nomination right now.
Maybe those crazy gun-totin' survivalist types aren't so crazy after all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2013, 04:49 AM
Looks like Paul got what he was after.

[Image: randpaul.jpg]

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
08-03-2013, 07:15 AM
(08-03-2013 04:49 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Looks like Paul got what he was after.

I'm sure Anwar al-Awlaki would feel great about Mr. Paul's accomplishment... were he alive.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-03-2013, 07:39 AM
(08-03-2013 07:15 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 04:49 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Looks like Paul got what he was after.

I'm sure Anwar al-Awlaki would feel great about Mr. Paul's accomplishment... were he alive.

Had he been in the U.S. instead of in Yemen. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
08-03-2013, 09:08 AM
(08-03-2013 07:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 07:15 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  I'm sure Anwar al-Awlaki would feel great about Mr. Paul's accomplishment... were he alive.

Had he been in the U.S. instead of in Yemen. Drinking Beverage
Right... because stepping over an invisible changes the fundamental nature of murder.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
08-03-2013, 09:11 AM
(08-03-2013 09:08 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 07:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  Had he been in the U.S. instead of in Yemen. Drinking Beverage
Right... because stepping over an invisible changes the fundamental nature of murder.

Well, I'd say we disagree on the definition of murder.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
08-03-2013, 09:15 AM
(08-03-2013 09:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 09:08 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Right... because stepping over an invisible changes the fundamental nature of murder.

Well, I'd say we disagree on the definition of murder.
No doubt. Pity that our disagreement doesn't change the plight of the dead.

08-03-2013, 09:17 AM
(08-03-2013 09:08 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 07:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  Had he been in the U.S. instead of in Yemen. Drinking Beverage
But it does make you an enemy combatant sheltering with known hostiles, i.e., good luck against drones from alphabet soup agencies, special operatives and the U.S. military at large. Put another way, yes, it does change the fundamental nature of murder as far as international law is concerned. It's not murder when combatants are doing it.

Drinking Beverage Enjoy your daily dose of syrup! And coffee. Don't forget the coffee.
[+] 1 user Likes 5yrup's post
08-03-2013, 09:21 AM
(08-03-2013 09:17 AM)5yrup Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 09:08 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Right... because stepping over an invisible changes the fundamental nature of murder.
But it does make you an enemy combatant sheltering with known hostiles, i.e., good luck against drones from alphabet soup agencies, special operatives and the U.S. military at large. Put another way, yes, it does change the fundamental nature of murder as far as international law is concerned. It's not murder when combatants are doing it.
Totally. It's perfectly sane and rational to fuck with people for sixty years and then label them as combatants when they retaliate.

It's the American way.

08-03-2013, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 09:56 AM by 5yrup.)
(08-03-2013 09:21 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 09:17 AM)5yrup Wrote:  But it does make you an enemy combatant sheltering with known hostiles, i.e., good luck against drones from alphabet soup agencies, special operatives and the U.S. military at large. Put another way, yes, it does change the fundamental nature of murder as far as international law is concerned. It's not murder when combatants are doing it.
Totally. It's perfectly sane and rational to fuck with people for sixty years and then label them as combatants when they retaliate.

It's the American way.
Welcome to the Western World (Europe has been doing it longer than the States have). We aren't nice people if you're a 3rd world or failed state -- especially if you have natural resources we want for dirt cheap prices. Similarly, international law favors the big players, i.e., piss off a big country and you can be legally labeled what ever they wish to make it legal for them to give you a colonoscopy with their latest GPS guided toys.

If you don't like it, write your political representatives. Be prepared to do a lot of writing, as this exploitation is what allows the West to live as it does. You're requesting a paradigm shift, which are always hard to attain.

Edit:

tl;dr version:
International law is all that matters, if you do something that allows a country to label you a combatant they can and will do anything they like to kill you. This means if you're a U.S. citizen overseas acting as a figurehead/voice box for those hostile to the state, good luck. Is it shady and does it suck? You bet'cha. Is it a reality? Yep.

Drinking Beverage Enjoy your daily dose of syrup! And coffee. Don't forget the coffee.