Rand Paul filibustering Brennan nomination right now.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2013, 09:53 AM
RE: Rand Paul filibustering Brennan nomination right now.
"We aren't nice people~"

Speak for yourself.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2013, 09:58 AM
(08-03-2013 09:53 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "We aren't nice people~"

Speak for yourself.
Let's not get into semantics of speech. You know full well that generalization applied to governments rather than individuals of a nation.

Drinking Beverage Enjoy your daily dose of syrup! And coffee. Don't forget the coffee.
Find all posts by this user
08-03-2013, 10:07 AM
(08-03-2013 09:58 AM)5yrup Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 09:53 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "We aren't nice people~"

Speak for yourself.
Let's not get into semantics of speech. You know full well that generalization applied to governments rather than individuals of a nation.
No, I didn't. If I'm talking about government, I say "government does xyz", not "we do xyz". How am I supposed to know that you don't?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
08-03-2013, 10:07 AM
The concept of this "debate" that Paul brings up is based on pure hypothetical ridiculousness... by any means, why would there even be need to use a drone in this situation?

That's where law-enforcement and the FBI can, have, and will step into the situation to handle threats. That's just as sketchy from a moral standpoint but the deal of it being a drone on US comes out of nowhere, it's just another attempt at a scare tactic to sway supporters.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
08-03-2013, 10:14 AM
(08-03-2013 10:07 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 09:58 AM)5yrup Wrote:  Let's not get into semantics of speech. You know full well that generalization applied to governments rather than individuals of a nation.
No, I didn't. If I'm talking about government, I say "government does xyz", not "we do xyz". How am I supposed to know that you don't?
That is the normal flow of debate. When you switch from a macro issue to a micro issue, you state such in the transition. If there was no transition, it is commonly assumed one is still speaking on the macro issue. Next time I post here, I'll be sure to not use debate shortcuts and be sure to make transitions bold.
(08-03-2013 10:07 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  The concept of this "debate" that Paul brings up is based on pure hypothetical ridiculousness... by any means, why would there even be need to use a drone in this situation?

That's where law-enforcement and the FBI can, have, and will step into the situation to handle threats. That's just as sketchy from a moral standpoint but the deal of it being a drone on US comes out of nowhere, it's just another attempt at a scare tactic to sway supporters.
It is a scar tactic, I agree. I'd rather see the issue addressed in a meaningful way, not the nonsense letter Rand Paul got. The drones are not the important part of this debate.

Drinking Beverage Enjoy your daily dose of syrup! And coffee. Don't forget the coffee.
08-03-2013, 10:31 AM
(08-03-2013 10:14 AM)5yrup Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 10:07 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  No, I didn't. If I'm talking about government, I say "government does xyz", not "we do xyz". How am I supposed to know that you don't?
That is the normal flow of debate. When you switch from a macro issue to a micro issue, you state such in the transition. If there was no transition, it is commonly assumed one is still speaking on the macro issue. Next time I post here, I'll be sure to not use debate shortcuts and be sure to make transitions bold.

Yeah, you'll have to dumb it down quite a bit for me. I'm just a poor, semi literate serf. Dodgy

08-03-2013, 10:33 AM
(08-03-2013 10:31 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 10:14 AM)5yrup Wrote:  That is the normal flow of debate. When you switch from a macro issue to a micro issue, you state such in the transition. If there was no transition, it is commonly assumed one is still speaking on the macro issue. Next time I post here, I'll be sure to not use debate shortcuts and be sure to make transitions bold.

Yeah, you'll have to dumb it down quite a bit for me. I'm just a poor, semi literate serf. Dodgy
We're done unless you're going to address the points I raised rather than how I raised them. I've now made it quite clear what I meant.

08-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Rand Paul filibustering Brennan nomination right now.
So most people here again support big daddy government when it comes to drones and kill lists. Atheists aren't any more curious about the world around them than religious peeps, atheists believe in one less thing and that's it.
[+] 1 user Likes I and I's post
08-03-2013, 11:00 AM
(08-03-2013 10:53 AM)I and I Wrote:  So most people here again support big daddy government when it comes to drones and kill lists. Atheists aren't any more curious about the world around them than religious peeps, atheists believe in one less thing and that's it.
Poor troll is poor! You can do better than that! Smartass

08-03-2013, 11:04 AM
(08-03-2013 10:33 AM)5yrup Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 10:31 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Yeah, you'll have to dumb it down quite a bit for me. I'm just a poor, semi literate serf. Dodgy
We're done unless you're going to address the points I raised rather than how I raised them. I've now made it quite clear what I meant.
You didn't raise any points. You made a few observations but you offered neither validation nor refutation of them. The post smacks of a "love it or leave it" argument but frankly, it was so vague that I can't determine whether or not you support the actions you mentioned or not.