Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2016, 11:18 PM
RE: Randian Libertarianism
hmmm... let's look at my choices,
Donald Trump
Hillary Clinton
or this guy:

Seriously tho- I voted for Gary Johnson in 2012 and will do so again if he gets to be the lib nominee. Dude seems level headed and experienced enough as former gov of New Mexico for 2 terms.

Ye I kno he won't win but, I'll consider it my protest vote.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Grassy Knoll's post
25-05-2016, 11:59 PM
(25-05-2016 10:19 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  To protect private property but not protect education or to not secure firefighting services as well to some.. it's all just brought out up on an undefined wavelength.

Here's a fun mental exercise. Take the Libertarian core precepts about property rights, and let that take place on an island. Just following their own rules and entirely within their ideology, you can easily get one person monopolizing resources and creating a hereditary monarchy.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
26-05-2016, 08:13 AM
(25-05-2016 10:19 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  My issue with libertarians in a grand sense is they seem to not grasp how arbitrary their dividing lines are. The criterias of government only doing X and not Y all come out of the thin blue air. To protect private property but not protect education or to not secure firefighting services as well to some.. it's all just brought out up on an undefined wavelength.

Those very wavy, very arbitrary lines seem to always be drawn very conveniently around the "I've got mine, fuck them who don't have their's" areas of life. Any potential feelings of empathy toward those who "don't have their's" can be easily stamped out with liberal application of the just world hypothesis, victim blaming, and a naive belief in perfectly good businesses and omniscient, purely rational consumers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post