Random Number generators and conciousness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2017, 03:31 AM
RE: Random Number generators and conciousness
Can somebody tell me, in English, what this was supposed to suggest? It sounds like there are computers doing things, and during the attacks they "reacted" and did lots of things they didn't do before? Is that about right?

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2017, 04:39 AM
Computers around the world, not related to each other in any way put out random numbers constantly, 24/7.
After 9/11, many of them didnt and a significant deviation from an even distributed randomness occured.
He OP ascribed this to "global consciousness", aka. all humans having a common consciousness that reacted to 9/11 and that this influenced the RNGs.
His main argument for a cause or mechanism was....quantum mechanics....
He used this as an argument against consciousness of individual people driven by neurochemical processes (yes, i know its stupid....).

The problem with this (which he refused to acknowledge) is:

He claimed the neurochemical origin of consciousness to be impossible, but was unable/unwilling to explain why that would be or why a global consciousness (even if it existed) had any relevance to this.
He claimed that the deviation of the random number generators after 9/11 was so significant that it was impossible without god global consciousness.
Even the scientist who set up this experiment admitted that the data was inconclusice.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
06-07-2017, 05:16 AM
(06-07-2017 04:39 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Computers around the world, not related to each other in any way put out random numbers constantly, 24/7.
After 9/11, many of them didnt and a significant deviation from an even distributed randomness occured.
He OP ascribed this to "global consciousness", aka. all humans having a common consciousness that reacted to 9/11 and that this influenced the RNGs.
He used this as an argument against consciousness of individual people driven by neurochemical processes (yes, i know its stupid....).

He claimed the neurochemical origin of consciousness to be impossible, but was unable/unwilling to explain why that would be or why a global consciousness (even if it existed) had any relevance to this.
He claimed that the deviation of the random number generators after 9/11 was so significant that it was impossible without god global consciousness.
Even the scientist who set up this experiment admitted that the data was inconclusice.
[Image: bd3a5d38cbbb5ef5c39c15c63810fb8970bedddf...5a7a2f.jpg]

Ok then lol. How do we get such bat shit crazy people on this forum?

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
06-07-2017, 05:50 AM
(05-07-2017 01:10 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 12:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Obviously I read it. I QUOTED from it.

It's *not even* a smoking gun. You are totally biased. It was not an "impossible deviation" if it happened. Very highly unlikely events happen all the time. Obviously you don't have any background in Probability Theory. You have JUMPED to a conclusion (without a mechanism and without justification) as you WANT it to be there.

Your crap is nothing but woo. We KNOW the conditions from which consciousness arises. You have no rational justification to *jump* to your (biased belief based) conclusion.

k

I know you're banned and all but seriously having your head so far up your own ass you can lick your balls tongue is not good for your health.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
06-07-2017, 08:07 AM
(06-07-2017 05:16 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 04:39 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Computers around the world, not related to each other in any way put out random numbers constantly, 24/7.

Laugh out load You want some real entertainment and have a threshold for pain, go peruse the conspiracy threads. There's some comedy gold in the atheist/theist discussions too. This was pretty tame, but lasted less time.
06-07-2017, 08:19 AM

Smacks of Rupert Sheldrake's morphic fields woo.

Yog Sothoth! Yog Sothoth! Come back old ones! Yog Sothoth!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post
06-07-2017, 09:56 AM
Google is your friend, so i found an exact copy of his 1st post here: Godlike Productions

However there is one small sentence he heft out on TTA, maybe because he knew exactly that would have been a giveaway:

Quote:More human minds on planet earth observed 9/11 than any single event in human history, making it a massive terrestrial meditation, concentrating the collective consciousness of humanity onto a single space-time focal point.
Deepak would have been proud if his boy. Laugh out load

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
06-07-2017, 03:12 PM
(06-07-2017 05:16 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  

Because it's the internet.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
06-07-2017, 03:48 PM
He never answered why, if large numbers of humans watching a single event caused this phenomenon, then why was the same phenomenon, (to a lesser degree) not recorded during other highly watched events ?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tvs-most-mem...-the-list/
"The Sept. 11 attack, according to the study's measurement, was nearly twice as impactful as the second top-ranked moment - Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
The other biggest TV events, in order, were the 1995 verdict in the O.J. Simpson murder trial, the Challenger space shuttle explosion in 1986 and the death of Osama bin Laden last year, the survey found."

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
06-07-2017, 06:36 PM
(06-07-2017 03:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He never answered why, if large numbers of humans watching a single event caused this phenomenon, then why was the same phenomenon, (to a lesser degree) not recorded during other highly watched events ?
Hey, now, let's not bring facts and logic into this. Damn heathens.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post