Random Thunderf00t video, "The Lord is my shepherd"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Random Thunderf00t video, "The Lord is my shepherd"
If anything, this video is worth watching for the blatant child indoctrination.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2011, 01:51 PM
RE: Random Thunderf00t video, "The Lord is my shepherd"
If you want to see indoctrination at its worst , and have a strong stomach , try "Jesus Camp". Never mustered the courage to watch it - just makes me want to cry and shoot people.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
26-05-2011, 02:56 PM
The Lord
[Image: rs-shepards-pie608.jpg]
Is my shepherdspie

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
26-05-2011, 03:30 PM
You have no idea how much crap Tf00t got for the video. A lot of youtubers criticized him for misreading the bible and didn't enjoy it as the parody it was meant.
I got the joke with the shepherd. Observer , you seem to get it too. I don't get what's so hard ...

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
26-05-2011, 03:55 PM
(26-05-2011 01:51 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  If you want to see indoctrination at its worst , and have a strong stomach , try "Jesus Camp". Never mustered the courage to watch it - just makes me want to cry and shoot people.

You haven't watched it yet? I made it through, but I had to pause it every 15 minutes or so to seethe with anger and stomp around my room gnashing my teeth (nom nom nom!) (rabble!).

This 10 minute video of highlights will suffice if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

The little girl at the end is beyond saving, but there's a kid who I want to go to his house and talk to before it's too late. But when your name is Levi and you're already preaching sermons at the age of 12, you're pretty much screwed for life.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
26-05-2011, 04:00 PM

"Had it been in the old testament, Harry Potter would have been put to death."

Oh... my... goat... Dodgy
Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2011, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2011 05:02 PM by Lilith Pride.)
Why did I watch Jesus Camp? I've been trying to stop desiring to be militant. This sort of thing is going to put me in jail >.> I took no breaks and now I'm just gonna snap the neck of the first Christian I see.... Need to calm down before leaving the house.

Thunderfoot's video is quite good, I liked his point just fine.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
26-05-2011, 05:06 PM

(26-05-2011 03:55 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(26-05-2011 01:51 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  If you want to see indoctrination at its worst , and have a strong stomach , try "Jesus Camp". Never mustered the courage to watch it - just makes me want to cry and shoot people.

You haven't watched it yet? I made it through, but I had to pause it every 15 minutes or so to seethe with anger and stomp around my room gnashing my teeth (nom nom nom!) (rabble!).

This 10 minute video of highlights will suffice if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

The little girl at the end is beyond saving, but there's a kid who I want to go to his house and talk to before it's too late. But when your name is Levi and you're already preaching sermons at the age of 12, you're pretty much screwed for life.
this makes me scare for humanity....

i am SO GLAD my parents aren't jesus freaks and don't mind my atheism.

and i understand completely what thunderf00t's saying. a lot of people are just completely taken advantage of as children and pretty much forced to believe in such.... not horrible.... but unlikely and mystical things.
Quote this message in a reply
26-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Those kids are being terrified and tormented out of their wits! Iconic hero fantasy characters would be put to death in the old testament. Government should be broken, so that religion can be taught in schools. There should be laws against teaching kids this rubbish!

These kids will not have a chance in the real world. They will remain stupid, because that's what their parents and church teach them is "Righteous". "Righteous" is as wrong as anything could possibly be!

I see this type of people as very dangerous to the future of the human race. All attempts to educate these kids in reality would be almost instinctively blocked after a couple of these experiences. The kids would be far too terrified to think rationally. They would be terrified of allowing the thought of pure science and logic enter their mind. It (logical thought) would become torturous to them, and they will be taught to poison the next generation the same way.

Even if these kids could be reached on a logical level, it would take years to reach that point.

How many of you have ever heard of "Stockholm Syndrome" ? It's a situation where kidnap victims tend to start participating with their kidnappers. After a long period of mortal terror and torture, the human brain seems to accept the conditions given by the offenders, and also begin to cooperate, even join them in future crimes. The link I have supplied will better explain it than I can.Patty Hearst was one of these victims. Though hers was not a church, it was an organization hell bent to force her to their way of thinking, and she had no escape from it. Eventually, she became one of them. These kids are being "conditioned in similar ways, we don't know if physical abuse is used, or not, but from what I've seen here, I would not doubt it. Some may think I'm overboard on my (Hearst) analogy, but I think it makes a good an fair point.
I know when I went to Sunday School 45 years ago, it was not uncommon to get slapped in the face for questioning the bible. I was the only one who ever questioned it...(repeatedly)

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )