Random, Unconnected Thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2015, 09:49 AM
RE: Random, Unconnected Thoughts
I'm watching a show about bigfoot on H2.
It's quite humorous.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2015, 10:15 AM
Sadcryface Found out that not only is my brother fundamentalist but he also thinks there is room for evolution and creationism. Couldn't sleep the other night thinking about funerals. Just buried my brother in law and there was so much gawd.... Confused
09-02-2015, 10:29 AM
(09-02-2015 10:15 AM)Whimsymum Wrote:  Sadcryface Found out that not only is my brother fundamentalist but he also thinks there is room for evolution and creationism. Couldn't sleep the other night thinking about funerals. Just buried my brother in law and there was so much gawd.... Confused

So sorry for your loss. Hug
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
10-02-2015, 02:30 PM
My brother posted this on facebook.
Quoted from institute of creation research ICR
"Although there are some people who profess to be atheists, the Bible indicates that there is no such thing. Everyone knows that God exists, even though some may verbally deny it (even to themselves). Romans 1:18-21 teaches that God has made evidence of His existence so abundantly obvious to all mankind that there is no excuse for denying Him. It’s no surprise then that there are many lines of evidence that confirm this biblical truth."
Makes me so frustrated to read this and to think he believes this. One of his friends said, "Wow that's pretty amazing! Thanks for sharing." Facepalm
I wanted to say, "What's amazing about that?"
12-02-2015, 07:05 PM
Why don't you ever see female magicians? Consider I know they have to exist... But I can't think of one time I saw a woman running her own magic show. Is there something about magic that draws more men? Consider

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
12-02-2015, 07:11 PM
(12-02-2015 07:05 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Why don't you ever see female magicians? Consider I know they have to exist... But I can't think of one time I saw a woman running her own magic show. Is there something about magic that draws more men? Consider

Come to think of it, you rarely see a male magicians assistant either.
12-02-2015, 07:13 PM
(12-02-2015 07:05 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Why don't you ever see female magicians? Consider I know they have to exist... But I can't think of one time I saw a woman running her own magic show. Is there something about magic that draws more men? Consider

Answer1: Maybe magicians are all male shovinsists! Instead of "get back in the kitchen" there all "get back in that saw trap"! Tongue

Answer2: The magician's assistant to the left! Wink
[Image: dresden016.jpg]

12-02-2015, 07:28 PM
Let's see how many randomly selected female magician videos it takes before we end up at one that doesn't involve some sort of self-objectification or pandering to a male-centric audience:

Umm, ok... that's 0 for 1. Actually, make that -1, because Steve Harvey.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
13-02-2015, 06:35 PM
Random, Unconnected Thoughts
For female magicians, Christen Gerhart, Billy Kidd, and Angela Funovits come to mind. However, mostly because I watched two of them last night.

Should be noted my brother Jigsaw and I do some street magic. Some magic friends of ours want for all of us to start a troupe.
21-02-2015, 10:21 AM
Sad just got an email from an adoption agency that we had researched a few years back. Maybe someday. Probably never. Seems to be a theme.

I'm angry and hurt and longing and depressed and hopeful and doubtful and arghh. And I can't go run off the emotion 'cause it's iced over outside. I'm tired of feeling. I've written like 8 poems in the past 24 hours. Wish I had music to put them to...guess I could tinker on the piano.

How many ways can a heart break? Pretty sure I don't want to know, yet I keep discovering more.

Just opened a box of my heirloom dolls that mom placed in my room. My deceased grandmother's Japanese doll is going on the lingerie chest. Not like I'm gonna be inviting any men into my bedroom, anyway. So a doll for decoration it is. And mom hung a cross in my room across from my bed Dodgy need to find something to replace it...used to be my bridal portrait there. Guess I could get out my paints and make something new. Oranges to contrast with the plum I'm gonna paint my walls. Nothing brings out the creativity like pain.

How long does it take to recover from something like this? I just want to be okay again. There are a few people I talk to, and it's like the pain, it goes away for a while. I don't even think about it, or myself even. But then I'm alone again, and it comes back full force in the quiet.

I was cooking breakfast with my parents this morning, my son in the living room. It was nice to have them there. I've never even been on my own and I'll be 30 In two months. I didn't think I'd be cool with living with my parents, but it's actually nice to have the company. 30 year old single mom with a doll in my room - I'm sooo winning at life right now. Dodgy Just call me Debbie Downer. Optimism and happy thoughts aren't in the cards for today. I need some sunshine in my life - these clouds suck. Spring can't come fast enough.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman