Random, Unconnected Thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2015, 01:24 PM
RE: Random, Unconnected Thoughts
Believe it or not, women are not complete slaves to their hormones Wink

More often than not when I hear a man say things like "they didn't like me because I'm too nice, all they want is x, y, z" or something along those lines, it's usually the guy being mad that he was rejected and doesn't want to look at what it is he actually did or contributed to her rejecting/leaving him.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
15-07-2015, 01:36 PM
(15-07-2015 01:18 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I wish that stuff was "the usual", Jennybee. It is often the case that women who like those traits in a man like them only at first... then it quickly becomes about how well he fits into a preconceived "The Rat Race Told You To Like This Kind Of Man" mold. Or in other words, "How much does he impress my friends/relatives?" Too often, even if she earns plenty of money and the couple is perfectly comfortable, men are still measured in large part based upon Capitalist ideals subsumed into the collective psyche.

Or, worse yet, women will say they want those traits, and then their ancestral instincts will kick in and they'll start panting over the giant demi-neandertal who can bonk heads when the next tribe raids over the hill with their stone axes. So to speak. To put it another way: "The thinker/artist/compassionate man when menstruating, the brutal/giant/athletic man when ovulating." Heh. Tongue

I would take the thinker/artist/compassionate man (whether I'm ovulating, menstruating, etc.) over the brute any day. Intelligence is a huge turn on. I can't deal with idiots--even hot idiots lol. I don't really care how much money a man makes as long as they are passionate about what they are doing. I really don't. I have dated guys who had next to nothing and I have dated guys who make a significant amount of money. To me it is about the person and not the size of their bank account. I try not to live my life based on the constraints of society.
15-07-2015, 01:40 PM
(15-07-2015 01:36 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(15-07-2015 01:18 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I wish that stuff was "the usual", Jennybee. It is often the case that women who like those traits in a man like them only at first... then it quickly becomes about how well he fits into a preconceived "The Rat Race Told You To Like This Kind Of Man" mold. Or in other words, "How much does he impress my friends/relatives?" Too often, even if she earns plenty of money and the couple is perfectly comfortable, men are still measured in large part based upon Capitalist ideals subsumed into the collective psyche.

Or, worse yet, women will say they want those traits, and then their ancestral instincts will kick in and they'll start panting over the giant demi-neandertal who can bonk heads when the next tribe raids over the hill with their stone axes. So to speak. To put it another way: "The thinker/artist/compassionate man when menstruating, the brutal/giant/athletic man when ovulating." Heh. Tongue

I would take the thinker/artist/compassionate man (whether I'm ovulating, menstruating, etc.) over the brute any day. Intelligence is a huge turn on. I can't deal with idiots--even hot idiots lol. I don't really care how much money a man makes as long as they are passionate about what they are doing. I really don't. I have dated guys who had next to nothing and I have dated guys who make a significant amount of money. To me it is about the person and not the size of their bank account. I try not to live my life based on the constraints of society.

Intelligence and humor hands down the sexiest things a man can have.
15-07-2015, 02:00 PM
What's wrong with wanting a hottie with a great bod and a pile of money?
15-07-2015, 02:01 PM
Alright... nice work! Took less than one minute to impugn my manhood by implication and/or denigrate my dating history, over that comment. Well done. I'm impressed. Somehow I'll recover from the assertion that the only reason I (or whoever) would make these comments was because I can't get chicks. Wink Tongue

Perhaps you really didn't mean to imply that this was true in my case, and you grasp that this is simply an observation made over a great deal of time that I spent fairly happily in relationships with "nerdy-girls" who eschewed such notions for the most part, but watched my guy friends and male acquaintances going through this issue with the "hotties" they sought after, and/or listened to my female friends complain about their neandertal boyfriends while pining for "nice guys", only to watch them quickly tire of the nice guy despite his adoration of her. Got to where I wouldn't even recommend my nice guy friends to women who asked me to find them nice guys because I knew it wouldn't be long before they'd be in some abusive neandertal's bed. Hell, I just summed up the first half of my 20s. And for the record, I've had only two relationships that failed-- one was because I didn't trust her while she stripped to pay her way through graduate school, so we broke it off and stayed friends afterward (and I introduced her to her current husband), and the other because she was polyamorous and tried to manipulate me into sharing her friends while she shared the college basketball team during the week while I was out crawling around in river- and stream-beds. So a couple points I'd like to make:

One, we are all slaves of our instincts (sometimes this is hormones, but often it's something much deeper-rooted than that, such as the fact that men overwhelmingly test to choose women of a given set of hip/waist proportions, etc, while women choose men with particular testosterone-related factors... these data are well-established by scientific observation) to a much, much higher degree than we like to admit, though how those instincts express in each individual is slightly different.

Two, you're doing it again. Almost every study on this has shown that what women say they want, during questionnaires or discussions on this topic differs (often widely) from what is observed as choices made, in experiments that use other methods. Several books cover this topic, so no, I won't be justifying this "opinion" to anyone here by hunting the web for links to the books and papers I've read on the subject... I've had this discussion before and that's always the next thing.

And Three, neither of y'all are what I'd consider "the usual" women. This is high praise, if you knew me.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
15-07-2015, 02:14 PM
(15-07-2015 01:40 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(15-07-2015 01:36 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I would take the thinker/artist/compassionate man (whether I'm ovulating, menstruating, etc.) over the brute any day. Intelligence is a huge turn on. I can't deal with idiots--even hot idiots lol. I don't really care how much money a man makes as long as they are passionate about what they are doing. I really don't. I have dated guys who had next to nothing and I have dated guys who make a significant amount of money. To me it is about the person and not the size of their bank account. I try not to live my life based on the constraints of society.

Intelligence and humor hands down the sexiest things a man can have.

So you're saying I'm not as smart or funny as I think I am, eh?????

Shit....

I's afraid of that....

Sad

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-07-2015, 02:51 PM
(15-07-2015 02:01 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Alright... nice work! Took less than one minute to impugn my manhood by implication and/or denigrate my dating history, over that comment. Well done. I'm impressed. Somehow I'll recover from the assertion that the only reason I (or whoever) would make these comments was because I can't get chicks. Wink Tongue

Perhaps you really didn't mean to imply that this was true in my case, and you grasp that this is simply an observation made over a great deal of time that I spent fairly happily in relationships with "nerdy-girls" who eschewed such notions for the most part, but watched my guy friends and male acquaintances going through this issue with the "hotties" they sought after, and/or listened to my female friends complain about their neandertal boyfriends while pining for "nice guys", only to watch them quickly tire of the nice guy despite his adoration of her. Got to where I wouldn't even recommend my nice guy friends to women who asked me to find them nice guys because I knew it wouldn't be long before they'd be in some abusive neandertal's bed. Hell, I just summed up the first half of my 20s. And for the record, I've had only two relationships that failed-- one was because I didn't trust her while she stripped to pay her way through graduate school, so we broke it off and stayed friends afterward (and I introduced her to her current husband), and the other because she was polyamorous and tried to manipulate me into sharing her friends while she shared the college basketball team during the week while I was out crawling around in river- and stream-beds. So a couple points I'd like to make:

One, we are all slaves of our instincts (sometimes this is hormones, but often it's something much deeper-rooted than that, such as the fact that men overwhelmingly test to choose women of a given set of hip/waist proportions, etc, while women choose men with particular testosterone-related factors... these data are well-established by scientific observation) to a much, much higher degree than we like to admit, though how those instincts express in each individual is slightly different.

Two, you're doing it again. Almost every study on this has shown that what women say they want, during questionnaires or discussions on this topic differs (often widely) from what is observed as choices made, in experiments that use other methods. Several books cover this topic, so no, I won't be justifying this "opinion" to anyone here by hunting the web for links to the books and papers I've read on the subject... I've had this discussion before and that's always the next thing.

And Three, neither of y'all are what I'd consider "the usual" women. This is high praise, if you knew me.

No I didn't mean you. Yeesh, I just meant in general. Lol do you need a hug or a hot beverage?
15-07-2015, 02:58 PM
As for those studies. I totally get it. Of course I notice the Vin Diesels of the world, and I'm sure my tastes fluctuate with the comings and goings of my hormonal cycle. But to me personally, I need more than that. If he isn't smart and can't make me laugh even while being some hottie... I'm not interested.

This may not have always been the case for me, but i was young and silly then. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
15-07-2015, 03:00 PM
(15-07-2015 02:51 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(15-07-2015 02:01 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Alright... nice work! Took less than one minute to impugn my manhood by implication and/or denigrate my dating history, over that comment. Well done. I'm impressed. Somehow I'll recover from the assertion that the only reason I (or whoever) would make these comments was because I can't get chicks. Wink Tongue

No I didn't mean you. Yeesh, I just meant in general. Lol do you need a hug or a hot beverage?

I know Rocket--are you sure you are not ovulating or menstruating or something Laugh out load

And before you ask...Yes, I am fucking with you Big Grin
15-07-2015, 04:00 PM
(15-07-2015 03:00 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(15-07-2015 02:51 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  No I didn't mean you. Yeesh, I just meant in general. Lol do you need a hug or a hot beverage?

I know Rocket--are you sure you are not ovulating or menstruating or something Laugh out load

And before you ask...Yes, I am fucking with you Big Grin

Nah but I did need a nap. This heat is so bad, and with the humidity right now, it's really sapping my strength. Hard to admit you're not 29 anymore. Undecided

Luckily I can set batches to run and then take an hour or more (depending on batch parameters) breaks while my CNC machine does its magic. If I get a fan roaring loudly enough, I can actually sleep. Tongue

Got a whole 45 mins in a row, that time.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post