Random, Unconnected Thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2015, 09:22 AM
RE: Random, Unconnected Thoughts
If prehistoric fossil records serve as an accurate indication of a correlation between insect size and higher average temperatures, then global warming may allow me to one day receive a message from Amazon that says "Sorry, the underwear you ordered has been delayed because the delivery drone got caught in a web and eaten by a giant fucking spider."

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
27-07-2015, 09:47 AM
(27-07-2015 09:22 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If prehistoric fossil records serve as an accurate indication of a correlation between insect size and higher average temperatures, then global warming may allow me to one day receive a message from Amazon that says "Sorry, the underwear you ordered has been delayed because the delivery drone got caught in a web and eaten by a giant fucking spider."

It is actually the availability of Oxygen in the atmosphere rather than temperature that determines insect size and since global warming is tied to Carbon in the atmosphere your dream will probably not happen, as a side note the amount of oxygen needed would not really be conducive to our own survival.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
27-07-2015, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 27-07-2015 09:58 AM by jennybee.)
Dryer hose fell out because my cat was doing gymnastics back there.

I suppose this could go under Ranting Section.

I'm glad I do a lot of yoga so I could contort myself into the tiny freakin' space in my teensy laundry room to put the dryer hose back. Good size house, shoebox size laundry room WTF!

I want vegan cupcakes!!
27-07-2015, 09:54 AM
(27-07-2015 09:47 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-07-2015 09:22 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If prehistoric fossil records serve as an accurate indication of a correlation between insect size and higher average temperatures, then global warming may allow me to one day receive a message from Amazon that says "Sorry, the underwear you ordered has been delayed because the delivery drone got caught in a web and eaten by a giant fucking spider."

It is actually the availability of Oxygen in the atmosphere rather than temperature that determines insect size and since global warming is tied to Carbon in the atmosphere your dream will probably not happen, as a side note the amount of oxygen needed would not really be conducive to our own survival.

Not surviving I can accept. Mostly I just wanted big bugs Sad

'Murican Canadian
08-08-2015, 06:29 AM
Why is the 'caps lock' key labeled in lower case letters? Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
08-08-2015, 06:49 AM
(08-08-2015 06:29 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Why is the 'caps lock' key labeled in lower case letters? Consider

[Image: tumblr_n2765hZkZj1qewacoo2_r1_500.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
08-08-2015, 06:53 AM
Why do cats love going to the bathroom with you?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
08-08-2015, 07:27 AM
(08-08-2015 06:53 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Why do cats love going to the bathroom with you?

Maybe if you stopped using the litter box ... ? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
08-08-2015, 07:38 AM
(08-08-2015 07:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 06:53 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Why do cats love going to the bathroom with you?

Maybe if you stopped using the litter box ... ? Consider

I have not use the litter box in 6 months.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-08-2015, 07:50 AM
(08-08-2015 07:38 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 07:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  Maybe if you stopped using the litter box ... ? Consider

I have not use the litter box in 6 months.

Perhaps a laxative would help?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post