Random, Unconnected Thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2014, 02:50 PM
RE: Random, Unconnected Thoughts
(08-11-2014 09:38 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Suck it, bitches! I just sewed two perfect French knots, and those are the first two I've ever tried.

Maybe I should start an atheist sewing collection of irreverence. I'm so sick of all the "as for me and my house, we shall serve The Lord". Autocorrect capitalized The Lord, not me. I'm constantly having to try and fix all the auto caps. Such as with allah.

I think an embroidered FSM would be perfect on a dish towel.

Great! French knots rock! (Say that 5 times...real quick! Tongue)

Ummmm.....soooo, whatcha makin' with these, here French knots? Embroidering somethin' nice, are ya' then?

Oh! Speaking of embroidery, just thought of something I saw on the internet. It's amazing. Most probably a dress Marie Antoinettes wore,

http://www.velvethighway.com/joomla/inde...mitstart=1

If you scroll down there's a highlight to click on which will show you an even closer look at the hand work. And I see from the photo that she still is missing her head.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2014, 07:17 PM
(09-11-2014 02:50 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-11-2014 09:38 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Suck it, bitches! I just sewed two perfect French knots, and those are the first two I've ever tried.

Maybe I should start an atheist sewing collection of irreverence. I'm so sick of all the "as for me and my house, we shall serve The Lord". Autocorrect capitalized The Lord, not me. I'm constantly having to try and fix all the auto caps. Such as with allah.

I think an embroidered FSM would be perfect on a dish towel.

Great! French knots rock! (Say that 5 times...real quick! Tongue)

Ummmm.....soooo, whatcha makin' with these, here French knots? Embroidering somethin' nice, are ya' then?

Oh! Speaking of embroidery, just thought of something I saw on the internet. It's amazing. Most probably a dress Marie Antoinettes wore,

http://www.velvethighway.com/joomla/inde...mitstart=1

If you scroll down there's a highlight to click on which will show you an even closer look at the hand work. And I see from the photo that she still is missing her head.

Yeh, totally not doing anything fancy.

I was watching a chick flick when my son woke up. It was the scene where Cameron Diaz meets Jude Law's little girls and they had a really cool tent in their room. His eyes were so big and he just loved it - so I'm making a boy version.

We are redoing his room to a space theme for Christmas. For the reading nook/tent, I'm making a rocket ship. The outside black and white with NASA emblems, and I was thinking I'd put stars or constellation fabric to line the inside and string LEDs through some of the stars in the fabric.

I was thinking I'd make some fun throw pillows to make it comfy. Like with space aliens. And labyrinths. I was practicing basic stitches - I haven't sewn since I was 12 - and there was a quick tutorial on French knots. I had to buy a needle and thread for Halloween - when I made a 3 foot dragon tail for my son's costume.

Speaking of headless, Anne Bolyn's aunt Anne Bolyn is one of my ancestors. I don't think I'm related to anyone cool in my French line.

"Off with her head!" I haven't seen the newer Alice in Wonderland with Johnny Depp. Never done acid either. But I did read the book when I was 13. And did shrooms once - but not at 13. That was a lot like the book. And there was a weird glow Santa, he looked kinda like a gnome. And then he started laughing at me. For the most part though, everything was dancing. Kinda like the Disney TV series of Alice and wonderland - all their singing and dancing was annoying. Totally kills the realism when everyone breaks out in song. Not a fan of musicals.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
09-11-2014, 08:44 PM
I wonder what would happen if I made a new species of cockroach that invades clean houses only? Consider

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
09-11-2014, 09:34 PM
(09-11-2014 08:44 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I wonder what would happen if I made a new species of cockroach that invades clean houses only? Consider

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/ar...ay/382539/

Here you go

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
09-11-2014, 10:06 PM
(09-11-2014 10:47 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 10:19 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  is the plural of Bigfoot Bigfoots or bigfeet? maybe bigfeets?

Bigsfoot

Biggus Feetus
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
10-11-2014, 05:11 AM
(09-11-2014 09:34 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 08:44 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I wonder what would happen if I made a new species of cockroach that invades clean houses only? Consider

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/ar...ay/382539/

Here you go

Yeah but the goal is to make people have cockroach pest whether there house is clean or not.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-11-2014, 05:49 AM
(10-11-2014 05:11 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(09-11-2014 09:34 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/ar...ay/382539/

Here you go

Yeah but the goal is to make people have cockroach pest whether there house is clean or not.

Gross. Why would you want cockroaches? The bastards are hard enough to kill as it is.

I'm actually allergic to them. When you get closer to the Gulf of Mexico they're fucking huge. Apparently one came home with me from college and landed on my shoulder while I was in the shower. I'm pretty sure the entire neighborhood could hear me scream.
If I had money I'd start a restaurant in the French Quarter. I'd call it The Drunken Chef. Every item on the main menu would have some form of alcohol as an ingredient - such as Coq au Vin or Sam Adams beer chili. Then I'd have a separate menu called the Baptist Preacher - none of the menu items contain alcohol but 21+ Get a Natty Light in a red cup on the house.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
10-11-2014, 08:01 AM
(09-11-2014 10:06 PM)pablo Wrote:  Biggus Feetus

He has a wife you know....

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
10-11-2014, 01:25 PM
(10-11-2014 05:49 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 05:11 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Yeah but the goal is to make people have cockroach pest whether there house is clean or not.

Gross. Why would you want cockroaches? The bastards are hard enough to kill as it is.

I'm actually allergic to them. When you get closer to the Gulf of Mexico they're fucking huge. Apparently one came home with me from college and landed on my shoulder while I was in the shower. I'm pretty sure the entire neighborhood could hear me scream.
If I had money I'd start a restaurant in the French Quarter. I'd call it The Drunken Chef. Every item on the main menu would have some form of alcohol as an ingredient - such as Coq au Vin or Sam Adams beer chili. Then I'd have a separate menu called the Baptist Preacher - none of the menu items contain alcohol but 21+ Get a Natty Light in a red cup on the house.

Duhhhhhhhh, I am evil, I want people to deal with the greatest villain of all nature.

11-11-2014, 05:49 PM
How can feet smell if they don't have a nose?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post