Random, Unconnected Thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2014, 05:37 PM
RE: Random, Unconnected Thoughts
(07-12-2014 03:59 PM)kim Wrote:  Its a gray, foggy, drizzly day and I'm sitting in the IKEA restaurant enjoying an after lunch coffee, looking out a massive expanse of Windows.

I feel so ... Swedish... another place I'll need to visit; it's lovely. Drinking Beverage

I didn't know IKEA had restaurants.
Do you have to make your own food there?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
07-12-2014, 05:57 PM
(07-12-2014 05:37 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(07-12-2014 03:59 PM)kim Wrote:  Its a gray, foggy, drizzly day and I'm sitting in the IKEA restaurant enjoying an after lunch coffee, looking out a massive expanse of Windows.

I feel so ... Swedish... another place I'll need to visit; it's lovely. Drinking Beverage

I didn't know IKEA had restaurants.

They give you all the ingredients, you just have to assemble them.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
07-12-2014, 06:18 PM
(07-12-2014 05:57 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(07-12-2014 05:37 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I didn't know IKEA had restaurants.

They give you all the ingredients, you just have to assemble them.

But you have to eat with nothing but a small allen wrench

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
07-12-2014, 06:36 PM
(07-12-2014 06:18 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(07-12-2014 05:57 PM)pablo Wrote:  They give you all the ingredients, you just have to assemble them.

But you have to eat with nothing but a small allen wrench

Unfortunately, they always manage to leave out some small, bit vital ingredient...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-12-2014, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2014 10:39 PM by kim.)
goofballs Dodgy

Yes, they have restaurants at some IKEA stores with lovely Swedish foods.
Today, I had exceptional dill cured salmon (raw but more like smoked, thinly sliced -pretty much like sashimi) with some lovely greens and a bit of tangy, dilled mustard sauce, I also had 2 wonderfully creamy vegetable medallions. The coffee was great and now I kind of wish I'd had a desert; they had several yummy looking cakes & pies. They also had beautiful looking salmon filets, beautiful steaks and ribs, and of course Swedish meatballs. It was fairly inexpensive - everything I had was just over $8.

Even at stores that don't have a restaurant, they still sell food - canned, boxed, and freezer type foods and the smoked salmon is a huge selling item and they are pretty famous for their meatballs.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
09-01-2015, 11:08 PM
My husband and I both smell something burning. There's a "campfire" smell and taste in the house.... But nothing's burning Consider

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
09-01-2015, 11:10 PM
(09-01-2015 11:08 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  My husband and I both smell something burning. There's a "campfire" smell and taste in the house.... But nothing's burning Consider

Is the furnace running?
09-01-2015, 11:15 PM
(09-01-2015 11:10 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 11:08 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  My husband and I both smell something burning. There's a "campfire" smell and taste in the house.... But nothing's burning Consider

Is the furnace running?

Of course, time to change the filter perhaps?

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
09-01-2015, 11:18 PM
Could be. Thumbsup
10-01-2015, 01:12 AM
My favorite band pre-husband was DISPATCH. They're playing at Madison Square July 11. Their music brings back memories of cruising the Gulf Shores strip with friends, winter red cup bonfires in strawberry and cotton fields, and just chillin out. Maybe I should make my post divorce trip to NYC and see them play while I'm there. Could be fun, never been to New York. Haven't been to a concert since getting married. I'd also like to see Parachute - they were in Biloxi with Joshua Radin (I think) around my birthday last year, thought he was going to take me, and he didn't.

Time to start enjoying life again.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post