Random loggouts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Random loggouts
So sometimes when a new page on the forums is being loaded up, the system seems to scratch its head and tell me, "hey, you didn't mean to be logged in did you? Here, let me correct that mistake," and proceeds to kick me out of my account. While it's a simple matter of just taking a few seconds to log back in, this has occurred enough times that is has reached the point of being irksome.

Is anybody else having the same issue?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2013, 09:23 AM
RE: Random loggouts
(19-06-2013 09:21 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  So sometimes when a new page on the forums is being loaded up, the system seems to scratch its head and tell me, "hey, you didn't mean to be logged in did you? Here, let me correct that mistake," and proceeds to kick me out of my account. While it's a simple matter of just taking a few seconds to log back in, this has occurred enough times that is has reached the point of being irksome.

Is anybody else having the same issue?

That happened to me several times over the weekend but hasn't in the past few days.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
19-06-2013, 09:41 AM
I don't think it's ever logged me out but it's denied me from accessing a few things for a couple of days. For me, that's only during a system reset or some kind of big change but hasn't happened recently.

It might be that your computer is time set to dump cache. You might check your system preferences. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
20-06-2013, 07:48 PM
It does not appear as though that is causing this issue.

20-06-2013, 09:02 PM
(20-06-2013 07:48 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  It does not appear as though that is causing this issue.

Have you checked for cat hair and hairballs in the hard drive? Big Grin

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
30-06-2013, 10:20 PM
FYI, I am still having this issue....

Deepthought? Any other techies on the forums? What are your ideas?

01-07-2013, 04:22 AM
Your login or session is stored as a cookie in your browser. It's called a session cookie.

From the servers perspective it shouldn't treat you different to anyone else. Logging out via the link at the top of the page clears the session on the server side.

Clearing the cookies on your end would also log you out since you lose your unique session identifier meaning you need to authenticate again to start a new session as user x.

I'm leaning towards this being a client-side issue. Is there anything you can think of that is clearing your session cookies? Browser plugins? security programs? etc?

Some security programs destroy your cookies as a security thing... They think it's a security risk to allow you to stay logged in whenever you visit.

I think for forums this is ok since it's a forum, not internet banking.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
02-07-2013, 07:31 AM
Using an Apple product? Sometimes this iPad gets a piece of flash caught in its throat and coughs up a logout. Been logged in to the Windows compies around here since everz. Consider

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]