Random questions?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Random questions?
I have a lot of questions about things not relating to atheism
I haven't asked them anywhere else because i like to ask my questions to people who i feel have logical answers and thinks in a ways that's more clear and understandable to me and that can help more often then not. So that being said i was just going to ask if there is a section that i could possibly ask these inside? most of my questions range around why people say/do certain things and things iv'e noticed people doing but not relating to religion or non religion. Maybe i'm being a jerk but im always more happy speaking to people who have no religious back ground? i know that wont make much sense but its just how i am and what im comfortable with it probably comes from some type of thought it's just not something i figured out yet.
I feel dumb for asking these things..oh well.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Midnightstar's post
06-05-2017, 02:21 PM
RE: Random questions?
I have no basis to think you to be dumb, or to think you should "feel dumb". But your question is disjoint and unclear to me.

If you have questions not related to atheism, clearly you won't want to post them right in an atheism topic heading, right? Explore this site for other topic headings that might apply. If you don't find them, perform a Google search on that topic, perhaps including the word "forum" and see what comes up.

We are nothing if not helpful, perhaps you can give a couple examples of questions you're interested in, and we could make some suggestions for you.
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post
06-05-2017, 02:26 PM
Maybe post your questions in the Philosophy section? Just an idea. You can really post wherever you want, the mods will move it if they feel it fits better under a different section.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-05-2017, 02:26 PM
(06-05-2017 02:21 PM)mordant Wrote:  I have no basis to think you to be dumb, or to think you should "feel dumb". But your question is disjoint and unclear to me.

If you have questions not related to atheism, clearly you won't want to post them right in an atheism topic heading, right? Explore this site for other topic headings that might apply. If you don't find them, perform a Google search on that topic, perhaps including the word "forum" and see what comes up.

We are nothing if not helpful, perhaps you can give a couple examples of questions you're interested in, and we could make some suggestions for you.

Google wouldn't have answers to the kind of questions i have
and because, i just like to speak to logical people i feel more comfortable around athiests for some reason.
06-05-2017, 02:31 PM
(06-05-2017 02:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Maybe post your questions in the Philosophy section? Just an idea. You can really post wherever you want, the mods will move it if they feel it fits better under a different section.

They'd probably just delete it it wouldn't fit anywhere
a section for just talking would be nice.
06-05-2017, 02:33 PM
(06-05-2017 02:31 PM)Midnightstar Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 02:26 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Maybe post your questions in the Philosophy section? Just an idea. You can really post wherever you want, the mods will move it if they feel it fits better under a different section.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...offeehouse
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post
06-05-2017, 02:33 PM
The Casual Coffeehouse would probably be a good place to post your questions.
06-05-2017, 02:38 PM
(06-05-2017 02:31 PM)Midnightstar Wrote:  

If you want to just chat--there's also the Shoutbox at the bottom of the screen. it's kind of like a chat room.
06-05-2017, 02:44 PM
What are your questions?

If you post them and are looking for serious discussion perhaps a mod will move them where they belong. Unless it looks like it should stay here. Who knows?

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
06-05-2017, 02:53 PM
Without examples it's hard to direct you to the appropriate forum. The Casual Coffeehouse or This That and the Other Thing might be appropriate.