Random tank videos from my deployments

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Random tank videos from my deployments
Figured I'd share these with all the soldier posts flying around. I tried this before with youtube and they deleted them immediately for "unauthorized music." Let's see how long Dailymotion keeps them up. (Edit: Not long. Enjoy them while they last.)

This first one is a collection of the vids we made, mixed with stock footage from Al Jazeera (such as the dude in the street with the RPG or the statue being blown up in Baghdad)... with vids from the tanker promotional video thrown in as well. Best if watched in full screen. Warning, there's a dead body or two.

And this other one is the one our company made at the end of our 1st tour. All the vids are from us. The building that is shown being shot multiple times is a building that we had been ordered to demolish, so we were testing multiple types of rounds on it, HEAT (High Explosive Anti-Tank ...big boom), MPAT (Multi-Purpose Anti-Tank ...half boom, half penetrate), SABOT (punches a hole through thick armor), and Canister (Anti-personnel, like a giant shotgun shell).

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2011, 08:02 PM
RE: Random tank videos from my deployments
Annnnd one more. Just a short one of a tank shooting. My tank is the one firing, not the one doing the recording. It doesn't fire until 32 seconds in. And it may be rather loud starting off so watch your volume.

I like this one cause it shows the shock waves of the gun. The dirt and trash around it do a ripple effect. I swear being inside the tank, it knocks you unconscious for about half a second.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
02-05-2011, 03:55 AM
In the first video with the nightvision equipment, were those tracer rounds?
02-05-2011, 03:07 PM
(02-05-2011 03:55 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  In the first video with the nightvision equipment, were those tracer rounds?

Yeah, those were tracers. It surprised me when I had my first night fire range to see that most bullets hit the ground and go flying up into the air.