Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2016, 06:22 PM
Random thoughts
I can't remember if we have this thread started or not, but it seems like this is the kind of thread that could help cut down on useless threads or tangents. Or, if you just have a random thought to share and don't want it to clog the TTA arteries, post it here.

Today I was thinking: Why do we shorten "telephones" to "phones" but we don't shorten televisions to "visions" and why do we say TV but we don't say TP?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
06-12-2016, 06:31 PM
RE: Random thoughts
I was wondering earlier who was the first person to put pineapple on pizza? I know I could just Google it and I probably will but that must've been pretty weird at the time, it's not Italian at all. I bet it was an American.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
06-12-2016, 06:36 PM
(06-12-2016 06:31 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I was wondering earlier who was the first person to put pineapple on pizza? I know I could just Google it and I probably will but that must've been pretty weird at the time, it's not Italian at all. I bet it was an American.

I dunno, but they were a freakin' genius Drooling

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
06-12-2016, 06:50 PM
(06-12-2016 06:36 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 06:31 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I was wondering earlier who was the first person to put pineapple on pizza? I know I could just Google it and I probably will but that must've been pretty weird at the time, it's not Italian at all. I bet it was an American.

I dunno, but they were a freakin' genius Drooling

If by genius you mean blasphemous fool, I agree.

And I bet it was invented in California, the freaks.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 3 users Like WillHopp's post
06-12-2016, 07:05 PM
(06-12-2016 06:50 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 06:36 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I dunno, but they were a freakin' genius Drooling

Well I really love Hawaiian pizza but the one I had earlier wasn't so good, it was frozen. I looked it up and it was a Canadian, he invented it in the 60's, pretty neat. Thumbsup

[+] 3 users Like SitaSky's post
06-12-2016, 07:05 PM
(06-12-2016 06:50 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 06:36 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I dunno, but they were a freakin' genius Drooling

Dodgy

Why is it called a pineapple when there is neither pine nor apple in it?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
06-12-2016, 07:07 PM
(06-12-2016 07:05 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 06:50 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  If by genius you mean blasphemous fool, I agree.

Well I really love Hawaiian pizza but the one I had earlier wasn't so good, it was frozen. I looked it up and it was a Canadian, he invented it in the 60's, pretty neat. Thumbsup

Yes, well us California pineapple freaks need to stick together Tongue

06-12-2016, 07:10 PM
Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island. Discuss.

----
06-12-2016, 07:22 PM
(06-12-2016 07:10 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island. Discuss.

I seriously thought Rhode Island was an island for the longest time, I don't think I realized it was actually connected to the continental united states until 2015? It could've been early this year actually. I told my fiance and was like "I'm so silly!" and he was laughing and then was like "Wait, it's not an island?" At least I wasn't the only one.

[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
06-12-2016, 07:34 PM
That's OK, I didn't think Long Island was an island for the longest time.

----