Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2017, 11:39 AM
RE: Random thoughts
(19-07-2017 11:38 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Okay M&M's aren't so bad when they're added to trail mix. The salt on the rest of the ingredients balances out the chocolate so they're really not gross at all. I can tolerate M&M's under these conditions.

If you like dark chocolate, try dark chocolate M&Ms. Drooling

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-07-2017, 11:45 AM
(19-07-2017 11:39 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(19-07-2017 11:38 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Okay M&M's aren't so bad when they're added to trail mix. The salt on the rest of the ingredients balances out the chocolate so they're really not gross at all. I can tolerate M&M's under these conditions.

If you like dark chocolate, try dark chocolate M&Ms. Drooling

Actually I will! I can't recall if I'd ever known about dark chocolate M&M's, but they were definitely off my radar. I'm not exactly what you might consider to be a chocoholic, but I enjoy some dark chocolate from time to time.

I'll take a fruit cobbler over chocolate cake any day! It's funny how your taste preferences change over the years. I used to love chocolate, now it more or less tastes like dirt smells.
19-07-2017, 01:52 PM
I'm finally untethered. I cancelled my land line today.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
19-07-2017, 02:14 PM
(19-07-2017 01:52 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I'm finally untethered. I cancelled my land line today.

We cut that line about a year ago. Verizon FIOS wouldn't let us but when they sold their TV, Internet, phone service to Frontier I was able to cancel it. $40.00 a month (plus all the fees and taxes) wasn't worth it since we didn't use it with any regularity since about 2010. The majority of calls we got were robo-calls since people we actually know called our cell phones.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-07-2017, 02:18 PM
(19-07-2017 02:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(19-07-2017 01:52 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I'm finally untethered. I cancelled my land line today.

We cut that line about a year ago. Verizon FIOS wouldn't let us but when they sold their TV, Internet, phone service to Frontier I was able to cancel it. $40.00 a month (plus all the fees and taxes) wasn't worth it since we didn't use it with any regularity since about 2010. The majority of calls we got were robo-calls since people we actually know called our cell phones.

Aside from doing it a year ago, what you just wrote is exactly my story. I don't save as much as that, but pretty much exactly what I faced.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
19-07-2017, 02:30 PM
We cut Time-Warner cable about a year ago. They had our landline, internet and TV. And it seemed like every other month they were jacking up our bill and I was spending hours on the phone getting it corrected along with new (never kept) promises that the $$$ would stay the same for X amount of time.

We switched to CenturyLink for phone and internet. It takes some getting used to to go to antenna TV and we curse the "no signal" prompt many times each week. Internet service seems slower. Landline is not compatible with NoMoRobo and we have no way of blocking nuisance calls without paying a LOT of extra each month, so that really pisses me off. But the price is waaaaay lower and "guaranteed" for five years. But yet I saw a notice in this month's bill that one of my promotional pricing deals is about to run out. I will protest and see where that gets me.

Still better than dealing with TWC over and over and over...

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
19-07-2017, 05:21 PM
A cookie really *isn't* a typically American thing. They exist the world over. So no, there is absolutely no fucking sense calling them cookies in Portuguese or Bulgarian. We have our own words and as native speakers we should know it and this is just DUMB!

[Image: eating-cookie.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
19-07-2017, 09:23 PM
I'm partial to biscotti when I'm in Italia.

----
19-07-2017, 10:15 PM
So last night I died in my dream :O

I had some sort of condition where I just got weaker and weaker. I knew I was going to die and everyone also knew. I was with my dad just walking through a shaded wood when I just started fading. I collapsed on the ground and got to say some nice last words as 'death' crept over. It wasn't the most pleasant feeling, but it also wasn't too bad. I knew I had no choice but to experience it. I remember being very sad, but both my dad and I were accepting of it. We were helpless and we knew it, so we made the best of it. Everything faded into white noise and the dream ended.

I still feel a bit sad. I don't want my parents to ever feel that way Sad

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 3 users Like Loom's post
19-07-2017, 11:24 PM
My brother wants me to be best man at his wedding.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post