Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2017, 01:35 AM
RE: Random thoughts
My oldest daughter (14) is leaving for a Harry Potter event today, lasting 4 days.
The first time my babygirl is going to be away from home for a longer distance and period of time, spending time with complete strangers.
Little girls grow up so fast and dads are not always equally fast in letting go.....
Confused
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Ron NL-S's post
20-07-2017, 10:38 PM
Brother said dad apparently had chess pains but he's out of the hospital for now. Might've been a small heart attack.

Find all posts by this user
21-07-2017, 04:20 AM
(20-07-2017 01:35 AM)Ron NL-S Wrote:  My oldest daughter (14) is leaving for a Harry Potter event today, lasting 4 days.
The first time my babygirl is going to be away from home for a longer distance and period of time, spending time with complete strangers.
Little girls grow up so fast and dads are not always equally fast in letting go.....
Confused

I hear you. My daughter has just turned 7, and is finishing her 3rd year of "junior" school today! It's flying by so quickly!

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
21-07-2017, 09:37 AM
(20-07-2017 10:38 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Brother said dad apparently had chess pains but he's out of the hospital for now. Might've been a small heart attack.

That's a scary, scary thing. I hope you're nearby enough to go visit.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
21-07-2017, 01:12 PM
(21-07-2017 09:37 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 10:38 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Brother said dad apparently had chess pains but he's out of the hospital for now. Might've been a small heart attack.

That's a scary, scary thing. I hope you're nearby enough to go visit.

Chest pains*. I was thinking about chess before I typed that. Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
23-07-2017, 12:14 AM
Starting a habit of watching PBS documentaries.

23-07-2017, 02:19 PM
John McCain and Ted Kennedy sponsored the Patient Protection Act of 2001. John McCain and Ted Kennedy both develop incurable brain cancer. Coincidence? Or polonium?

#sigh
24-07-2017, 11:08 AM
(23-07-2017 02:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  John McCain and Ted Kennedy sponsored the Patient Protection Act of 2001. John McCain and Ted Kennedy both develop incurable brain cancer. Coincidence? Or polonium?

Well, McCain is 80 years old, and Kennedy was 77 when he died. If you live long enough, you will eventually get cancer. I used to think it was some exotic disease, but I know a bunch of people who have it or have died from it (including my entire immediate family).
25-07-2017, 04:15 PM
(24-07-2017 11:08 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 02:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  John McCain and Ted Kennedy sponsored the Patient Protection Act of 2001. John McCain and Ted Kennedy both develop incurable brain cancer. Coincidence? Or polonium?

Well, McCain is 80 years old, and Kennedy was 77 when he died. If you live long enough, you will eventually get cancer. I used to think it was some exotic disease, but I know a bunch of people who have it or have died from it (including my entire immediate family).

Folks,

Our neighbour (40 yrs old) died of brain cancer on Saturday. It was exactly 6 weeks from his diagnosis to his death, and the docs predicted that to the day.

D.
27-07-2017, 08:39 PM
Nothing like relaxing after work.