Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2017, 05:28 AM
RE: Random thoughts
(29-07-2017 01:03 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 12:29 AM)morondog Wrote:  Actually it was the African ones. The story of the daughter of the Sun and Moon. And the girl who was captured by the water spirit, if I recall correctly. God those were fantastic. Absolutely stunning art.

Absolutely!

[Image: 8ab742f427496ffbf8519aa0624a949f.jpg]

[Image: 57896c72e568efb4ef9a858e108b93ce.jpg]

The tales were very interesting, too. He's illustrated a book of Chinese and Japanese ones, too, I think. Such a nice way to expose kids to totally different cultures. Even to totally different-looking people (as was the case in my country back then)

[Image: 11de0a88caff89d83d8312e7fa10bb43.jpg]

I can't like this post enough. Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-07-2017, 07:53 AM
(25-07-2017 04:15 PM)Dworkin Wrote:  
(24-07-2017 11:08 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Well, McCain is 80 years old, and Kennedy was 77 when he died. If you live long enough, you will eventually get cancer. I used to think it was some exotic disease, but I know a bunch of people who have it or have died from it (including my entire immediate family).

Folks,

Our neighbour (40 yrs old) died of brain cancer on Saturday. It was exactly 6 weeks from his diagnosis to his death, and the docs predicted that to the day.

D.

I'm so sorry *hugs*
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-07-2017, 05:53 PM
If I took a drink every time this guy on the local Evangelical channel used the word "apostate", I think I'd be dead?

Sorry Dworkin Sad Hug

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
29-07-2017, 08:17 PM
Thai foooooooood.

29-07-2017, 08:21 PM
(29-07-2017 05:53 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  If I took a drink every time this guy on the local Evangelical channel used the word "apostate", I think I'd be dead?

Sorry Dworkin Sad Hug

Hubby and I have made the same comment about the words "super-beta prostate" on their commercials. As it is, we just shout out the term together every time they say it.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
29-07-2017, 10:32 PM
Ha! One of our local news channels has "Live Mega Doppler 7000 HD", and the weatherman says that entire phrase every time. I can hear it all the way over in the dining room when I'm being a mouse-potato. They must get royalties (or payola, whatever) for saying that.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
29-07-2017, 10:42 PM
The SO and I will be watching the idiot box and a commercial will come on hawking some useless piece of Chinese made garbage for ," only three easy payments of $19.95" - and in unison we will yell "BUTTT WAIT!!!" --- about half the time the announcer will too, then information us they'll double the offer, and send you two pieces of useless crap....

Hobo

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
30-07-2017, 12:48 PM
Careful now onlinebiker, that second one isn't really free, it will cost you another shipping and handling fee. And if you call to try to get just one, the brain of the person answering the phone to take your order will implode, from trying to convince you that the second one is free....

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
30-07-2017, 12:54 PM
(29-07-2017 10:32 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Ha! One of our local news channels has "Live Mega Doppler 7000 HD", and the weatherman says that entire phrase every time. I can hear it all the way over in the dining room when I'm being a mouse-potato. They must get royalties (or payola, whatever) for saying that.

I don't know if it's local or not but the hair stands up on the back of my neck when I hear about a potential 'weather event'.

This is part of my ever-growing list of weather-forecaster-speak we hear...freezing fog, leopard rain, cobblestone ice, tornadic activity, etc.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
30-07-2017, 03:57 PM
(29-07-2017 10:42 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The SO and I will be watching the idiot box and a commercial will come on hawking some useless piece of Chinese made garbage for ," only three easy payments of $19.95" - and in unison we will yell "BUTTT WAIT!!!" --- about half the time the announcer will too, then information us they'll double the offer, and send you two pieces of useless crap....

Hobo

It's a limited-time offer!

...for seven fucking years.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post