03-08-2017, 06:24 AM
RE: Random thoughts
In three months I'll have been working for a year. Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
03-08-2017, 06:56 AM
The same news websites that slam us for overuse of segregation will also publish every last detail of some horrific crime and then name everyone accused of having been involved whether they've even started trial or not, let alone been convicted, thereby forcing us to stick them in segregation since they're no longer safe in general population. The hypocrisy is both amusing and frustrating Undecided

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
03-08-2017, 09:01 PM
(03-08-2017 05:05 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I read that as "Why are so many ladies so tiny?" which is odd enough but then the rest of it just gets surreal.

Well, some ladies to have deeper bowls than others Rolleyes

(Don't ask me, no idea what this actually means ;-))

Quote:Just take a word and add a U or maybe an I near another vowel to get the British spelling.

Yeah but no. I use the "ou" spelling too, but this ain't an adjective, you ignoramuses, this is NOT how it works. At all Dodgy

""Hummus" comes from the Arabic word meaning "chickpeas", and the complete name of the prepared spread in Arabic is ḥummuṣ bi ṭaḥīna which means "chickpeas with tahini".
Spelling of the word in English can be inconsistent. "Hummus" is the most common spelling in both American and British English. The spelling "houmous" is however common enough in British English to be also listed as a less common spelling in some UK dictionaries but not, for example, in the Cambridge online dictionary. Some US dictionaries also list other spellings such as humus, hommus, and hommos, but not Merriam-Webster, for example."

And now I want some hummus. *With* dill (dill is the herb of the gods. The gods of summer. Unlike parsley which is of the devil and is not allowed in the house of my parents when I'm there. Only thing worse is celery. And fennel. [Image: blargh.gif])

[Image: 143-96547-cucumber_hummus-4-1426534117.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2017, 12:42 PM
My family's currently seeing Dunkirk. I'm too much of a chicken to see it so I'm in a (pretty lame) mall killing time.

Thank goodness for Internet enabled phones.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
05-08-2017, 03:57 PM
That's it! I'm going to turn over a new leaf and get my shit together. Today is going to be awesome!

Oh wait. It's 6pm.

...Tomorrow is going to be awesome!
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
05-08-2017, 04:05 PM
(05-08-2017 03:57 PM)Aliza Wrote:  That's it! I'm going to turn over a new leaf and get my shit together. Today is going to be awesome!

Oh wait. It's 6pm.

...Tomorrow is going to be awesome!

Yes

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-08-2017, 04:16 PM
(05-08-2017 03:57 PM)Aliza Wrote:  That's it! I'm going to turn over a new leaf and...

... ditch the peacock for the flamingo. Perfidy, thy name is Aliza Gasp

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
05-08-2017, 04:28 PM
(05-08-2017 04:16 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(05-08-2017 03:57 PM)Aliza Wrote:  That's it! I'm going to turn over a new leaf and...

... ditch the peacock for the flamingo. Perfidy, thy name is Aliza Gasp

Actually, I like almost all birds (vultures aren't very cute).

Peacocks remind me of home, but flamingos do too. Big Grin
05-08-2017, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2017 04:58 PM by Vera.)
(05-08-2017 04:28 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Actually, I like almost all birds (vultures aren't very cute).

Yeah, I used to think I liked them too...

... until I tried volunteering with penguins. Leaving the stench aside, those guys (not emperor penguins, smaller) were vicious and those who fed them took their lives into their own hands... and put it into those scary beaks Drinking Beverage

Later, I was attacked by a) a brazilian blue jay

[Image: Lenda-da-Gralha-Azul.jpg]

b) by a macaw or whatever it was called (and turned purple from shoulder to elbow Dodgy )
[Image: 00.-Araras.jpg]
(Yep, this is the police line-up. 'Twas the fourth one from the left who did it, officer, I'd recognise that thug face anywhere!)

c) was not attacked by a toucan only because I stopped coming into their enclosures.

So, these days I mostly like small birdies. And vultures. I like vultures, they may not be pretty but that's just one more reason to like them - at least someone should Yes

Also, talk about self-sufficient: "Turkey vultures urinate down their legs. This is called urohydrosis and it helps to cool the vultures off during hot weather. When the fluids in the waste evaporate, it cools the blood vessels in the feet, therefore lowering the overall temperature of the bird. It is also believed that because of the high acidity of their urine, the bacteria on their legs is destroyed."

Quote:Peacocks remind me of home

Queen Elizabeth II, is that you? Gasp

So Aliza is just a cover for Eliza, eh?

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
05-08-2017, 04:55 PM
It's pretty nice around here lately...it's lost a little of the Facebook feel that was going on. I think I like it. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post