Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2017, 05:32 PM
RE: Random thoughts
In line at 7-Eleven with a four-pack of White Zinfandel, a bag of Flamin' Hot Cheetos, and a package of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

How was my day?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
05-08-2017, 08:15 PM
You forgot the pistachio ice cream. How the hell could you forget the pistachio ice cream?

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 3 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
05-08-2017, 08:59 PM
What a grey day it needs some colour.
Blush

My elbow hurts...I don't know why.

That stupid F**king silver mutant whisker is growing out of my cheek again & it itches. Angry

Why is there an h in whisker? Consider
Why isn't the i before e in atheist? Consider

[Image: full.gif]

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
7!
[+] 2 users Like unsapien's post
06-08-2017, 10:10 AM
(05-08-2017 04:45 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(05-08-2017 04:28 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Peacocks remind me of home

Queen Elizabeth II, is that you? Gasp

So Aliza is just a cover for Eliza, eh?

Nope! (They're pronounced differently anyway). Someone imported peacocks to Florida decades ago, and they're a local, nonnative wild species now. In some areas, they're all over the place.

Flamingos are Floridian, but they moved out when people moved in. So while they're indigenous, they're no longer residents. They are, however, kept at the race track . Smile
06-08-2017, 12:30 PM
(02-08-2017 11:40 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Why does plucking out my nose hairs make me want to sneeze?

A little known fact...

Due to mirror neurons, you will also sneeze when you pluck out someone else's nose hair.

It's a standard test for empathy. Take 10 people and pluck out their nose hair (best, when they are not expecting it, e.g. when they are sleeping) ... If you sneeze each time: high empathy; if you don't sneeze you might be a sociopath.

Try it. Get back to us with the results.

Angel

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
06-08-2017, 12:50 PM
(06-08-2017 12:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  It's a standard test for empathy. Take 10 people and pluck out their nose hair (best, when they are not expecting it, e.g. when they are sleeping) ... If you sneeze each time: high empathy; if you don't sneeze you might be a sociopath.

Angel

I just found out the hard way, DON'T pull all ten nose hairs out of the same person.
[+] 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
06-08-2017, 12:58 PM
(06-08-2017 12:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(02-08-2017 11:40 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Why does plucking out my nose hairs make me want to sneeze?

A little known fact...

Due to mirror neurons, you will also sneeze when you pluck out someone else's nose hair.

It's a standard test for empathy. Take 10 people and pluck out their nose hair (best, when they are not expecting it, e.g. when they are sleeping) ... If you sneeze each time: high empathy; if you don't sneeze you might be a sociopath.

Angel

If they punch you in the face and you punch them back, is that also empathy?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
06-08-2017, 03:43 PM
(06-08-2017 10:10 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Nope! (They're pronounced differently anyway).

Hehe, I know. I've been pronouncing it the way it's spelt (that's what happens when you've been blessed with a phonetic language Rolleyes )

Quote: Someone imported peacocks to Florida

Do you know that some time ago someone especially brilliant, decided that the US should have *all* the birds mentioned in the works of Shakespeare...

... and then he introduced starlings Facepalm

I actually only saw the flocks they're capable of forming last year. I swear, what descended upon our garden (and the whole street) was like something out of Hitchock Gasp

[Image: starlings-o.gif]

Also, who uses pastes to wash the dishes? There comes a point where it becomes a runny, disgusting mess that looks like something the cat vomited. And this particular one smells like it too Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
06-08-2017, 03:50 PM
(05-08-2017 08:59 PM)unsapien Wrote:  Why isn't the i before e in atheist? Consider

The e makes the "ee" sound. The I makes the "ist" sound. Seems legit to me. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
06-08-2017, 04:10 PM
(06-08-2017 03:50 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(05-08-2017 08:59 PM)unsapien Wrote:  Why isn't the i before e in atheist? Consider

The e makes the "ee" sound. The I makes the "ist" sound. Seems legit to me. Drinking Beverage

Atheist means not being a theist.
Athiest means being the most athy.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 6 users Like unfogged's post