Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2017, 05:41 PM
RE: Random thoughts
(06-08-2017 03:50 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(05-08-2017 08:59 PM)unsapien Wrote:  Why isn't the i before e in atheist? Consider

The e makes the "ee" sound. The I makes the "ist" sound. Seems legit to me. Drinking Beverage

The technical term for adjacent vowels that are pronounced as separate symbols is hiatus. I had to look that up.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
06-08-2017, 05:41 PM
Why do they call it a cervical collar? Seems a ways off from where cervical cancer is.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
06-08-2017, 06:13 PM
(06-08-2017 05:41 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Why do they call it a cervical collar? Seems a ways off from where cervical cancer is.

Cervical is for neck, it's just information determined after necks were figured out that your little bit of anatomy is neck-shaped. Naming conventions are pretty

prosaic
06-08-2017, 09:09 PM
Another girl at work seems to be noticing me, but unfortunately we rarely get the chance to talk. We work in different areas of the building.

06-08-2017, 09:45 PM
(06-08-2017 09:09 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Another girl at work seems to be noticing me, but unfortunately we rarely get the chance to talk. We work in different areas of the building.

That's the best part of any relationship.

Blush

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
06-08-2017, 10:17 PM
I move in to my college Sunday. I hope I enjoy it.

" That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
[+] 4 users Like goldenarm's post
08-08-2017, 08:11 AM
(06-08-2017 10:17 PM)goldenarm Wrote:  I move in to my college Sunday. I hope I enjoy it.

College! Make the most of it. And have a good time hooping it up!
08-08-2017, 08:20 AM
(08-08-2017 08:11 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(06-08-2017 10:17 PM)goldenarm Wrote:  I move in to my college Sunday. I hope I enjoy it.

College! Make the most of it. And have a good time hooping it up!
Thank you! I think I will.

" That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
08-08-2017, 10:40 AM
I think I sometimes order small stuff from Amazon so that I have mail that isn't junk mail, a bill, or a depressing newspaper (really, the Chronicle of Higher Education and Freethought Today often remind me of how depressing higher ed can be, and government can be).

Have fun and good luck! Smile And some unsolicited advice that I give my students? Used books online or rentals online are your friends; they will save you a ton of money....well, unless you're like my student who got caught in a downpour with her rented books and owed Amazon the full price. A good bookbag or messenger bag is also possibly your friend for rainy days.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
08-08-2017, 10:11 PM
[Image: Korea%20Missile_zpsa5icjuyj.jpg]

OMG, I'm so immature. This is a serious issue.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post