Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2017, 12:30 AM
RE: Random thoughts
Why is it we get so tired we can barely keep our eyes open sometimes when sitting at a computer, but the moment we lay down, we stare at the ceiling, suddenly wide awake?

Edit: Drat, I pushed the funny missile onto the previous page. You all should hit the page 110 link and laugh too.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
09-08-2017, 06:18 AM
(06-08-2017 12:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(02-08-2017 11:40 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Why does plucking out my nose hairs make me want to sneeze?

A little known fact...

Due to mirror neurons, you will also sneeze when you pluck out someone else's nose hair.

It's a standard test for empathy. Take 10 people and pluck out their nose hair (best, when they are not expecting it, e.g. when they are sleeping) ... If you sneeze each time: high empathy; if you don't sneeze you might be a sociopath.

Try it. Get back to us with the results.

Angel

I got one person at work to let me try. I had to let him grab the tweezers and yank one of mine in return. He said it made him cringe when he plucked mine, and his nose tickled like he was gonna sneeze but didn't. I couldn't stop laughing after I plucked his. The look on his face was hysterical. Didn't feel the slightest urge to sneeze.

9 more to go if I can find nose hair donors.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
09-08-2017, 11:15 AM
I just got picked for jury duty. Told them I didn't agree with the oath language because they end it with "so help you god." Told them I was an atheist. They said the affirmation is in the statement so it's ok. Ugh.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
09-08-2017, 11:22 AM
(09-08-2017 11:15 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  I just got picked for jury duty. Told them I didn't agree with the oath language because they end it with "so help you god." Told them I was an atheist. They said the affirmation is in the statement so it's ok. Ugh.

So when you repeat it back, say "so help me Geddy Lee"...

When they say " Say - so help me God" --- look em straight in the eye and say " I did".....

Smartass

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
09-08-2017, 11:41 AM
(09-08-2017 11:22 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(09-08-2017 11:15 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  I just got picked for jury duty. Told them I didn't agree with the oath language because they end it with "so help you god." Told them I was an atheist. They said the affirmation is in the statement so it's ok. Ugh.

So when you repeat it back, say "so help me Geddy Lee"...

When they say " Say - so help me God" --- look em straight in the eye and say " I did".....

Smartass

God sure has one shrill voice. No wonder it causes heads to explode. Big Grin

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
09-08-2017, 11:42 AM
(09-08-2017 12:30 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Why is it we get so tired we can barely keep our eyes open sometimes when sitting at a computer, but the moment we lay down, we stare at the ceiling, suddenly wide awake?

Edit: Drat, I pushed the funny missile onto the previous page. You all should hit the page 110 link and laugh too.

Subjecting yourself to computer monitor light right before trying to sleep does something to your body that prevents the melatonin production you need for sleep. Or something like that. The fridge light from that middle of the night snack doesn't help either...

[Image: 2172cbb560151045331a13cb4a785b96.jpg]

[Image: b7e61b65a65044dfb0679d6fc69fd154.jpg]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 3 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
09-08-2017, 11:44 AM

Much like waiting on a bridge for the alien mother ship to take you, if you act too much like you want to be there, they won't take you.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
09-08-2017, 01:39 PM
(09-08-2017 12:30 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Why is it we get so tired we can barely keep our eyes open sometimes when sitting at a computer, but the moment we lay down, we stare at the ceiling, suddenly wide awake?

Have you tried the screen reddening/darkening software I mentioned. It actually works- I tried it. It's the blue light that is keeping your body thinking it is still daylight. I discontinued using it though, because I need the screen brighter due to my eyesight being what it is.

dim your monitor
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
09-08-2017, 08:23 PM
(09-08-2017 11:42 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  

Subjecting yourself to computer monitor light right before trying to sleep does something to your body that prevents the melatonin production you need for sleep. Or something like that. The fridge light from that middle of the night snack doesn't help either...

[Image: 2172cbb560151045331a13cb4a785b96.jpg]

[Image: b7e61b65a65044dfb0679d6fc69fd154.jpg]

(09-08-2017 01:39 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

Have you tried the screen reddening/darkening software I mentioned. It actually works- I tried it. It's the blue light that is keeping your body thinking it is still daylight. I discontinued using it though, because I need the screen brighter due to my eyesight being what it is.

dim your monitor

Thank you both! Smile Might have to give the screen dimmer a try (or read some before bed from an actual book or something...maybe that Bible I'm hideously behind on Laugh out load Because probably shouldn't be doing God is Not Great instead.). Definitely couldn't hurt to give the dimmer (or less computer before bed, either one) a try!

--
Random thought: Why have I seen 7 anti-Game of Thrones posts on Facebook today, about how True Christians ™ don't watch GoT?

Need to think of a witty signature.
09-08-2017, 09:05 PM

You should've told them you're a Satanist Evil_monster Tongue Also extra points if you showed up for jury duty looking like this: Laugh out load

[Image: adult-red-suit-devil-costume.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post