09-08-2017, 11:10 PM
RE: Random thoughts
Canned tuna is my hero.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2017, 11:24 PM
(09-08-2017 11:10 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Canned tuna is my hero.

[Image: black-top-skinless-boneless-pink-salmon-6-oz_978858.jpg]

Hug I love you, canned salmon.
10-08-2017, 11:38 PM
Oddest dream I've had in a while...I'd stumbled on a human trafficking ring involving dozens of churches that offered shelter for the poor and homeless, mostly women. I tried exposing them to the police but it was all covered up. So I went around smashing church signs that advertised shelter and somehow that helped? There was also this really punchable pastor that helped lead the ring whilst preaching about how much better the social values of the mid 1800s were compared to today.

IDK it was a bit messed up and I really wanted to punch that guy...

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
11-08-2017, 08:26 AM
(09-08-2017 11:22 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(09-08-2017 11:15 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  I just got picked for jury duty. Told them I didn't agree with the oath language because they end it with "so help you god." Told them I was an atheist. They said the affirmation is in the statement so it's ok. Ugh.

So when you repeat it back, say "so help me Geddy Lee"...

When they say " Say - so help me God" --- look em straight in the eye and say " I did".....

Smartass

UPDATE: After two days of deliberations, we were a hung jury. People are idiots.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
11-08-2017, 08:54 AM
(11-08-2017 08:26 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(09-08-2017 11:22 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  So when you repeat it back, say "so help me Geddy Lee"...

When they say " Say - so help me God" --- look em straight in the eye and say " I did".....

Smartass

UPDATE: After two days of deliberations, we were a hung jury. People are idiots.

Maybe the judge can hand down a suspended sentence?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-08-2017, 08:57 AM
(11-08-2017 08:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 08:26 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  UPDATE: After two days of deliberations, we were a hung jury. People are idiots.

Maybe the judge can hand down a suspended sentence?

That'd be better than leaving the defendant swaying in the breeze although I'm sure he'd rather be cut loose.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
11-08-2017, 02:45 PM
We weren't sure if they would let him go and only if charges were refiled would he be incarcerated again.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
11-08-2017, 03:04 PM
(11-08-2017 02:45 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  We weren't sure if they would let him go and only if charges were refiled would he be incarcerated again.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the judge decides the punishment? You guys are just evaluating the evidence no?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-08-2017, 08:51 PM
(11-08-2017 03:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 02:45 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  We weren't sure if they would let him go and only if charges were refiled would he be incarcerated again.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the judge decides the punishment? You guys are just evaluating the evidence no?

Correct.

----
11-08-2017, 11:45 PM
Hmmm... Moms should really just sticky all of my favorite threads. Then I won't have to search for the ones I like the most.

Yes, that sounds like it would be in my best interest. Big Grin