Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2017, 08:22 AM
RE: Random thoughts
(13-08-2017 04:00 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I just did a bit of rock climbing on an easy rock on Mt. Diablo. Was great. Big Grin

Small world. I've done a little top roping in Rock City, if we're talking about the same Mt. Diablo. Beautiful up there. I'm long past my rock climbing career now though. Currently beginning pilates class to get some muscle tone back. Big Grin

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes whateverist's post
14-08-2017, 08:39 AM
(14-08-2017 08:22 AM)whateverist Wrote:  
(13-08-2017 04:00 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I just did a bit of rock climbing on an easy rock on Mt. Diablo. Was great. Big Grin

Small world. I've done a little top roping in Rock City, if we're talking about the same Mt. Diablo. Beautiful up there. I'm long past my rock climbing career now though. Currently beginning pilates class to get some muscle tone back. Big Grin

Yup, we're going to do more exploring over there next weekend. I'd like to do more climbing, but that's the first time I've completed climbing a rock.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
14-08-2017, 09:34 AM

I love hiking Mt. Diablo. Beautiful there.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
14-08-2017, 09:54 AM
Are you two in the bay area as well? I think Moms is in SF. I'm in Berkeley. Where are you .. unless you're in witness protection, of course.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
[+] 1 user Likes whateverist's post
14-08-2017, 10:01 AM
(14-08-2017 09:54 AM)whateverist Wrote:  Are you two in the bay area as well? I think Moms is in SF. I'm in Berkeley. Where are you .. unless you're in witness protection, of course.

I'm in the Bay Area as well.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
14-08-2017, 10:58 AM
And now I have no idea where my phone is even though I was using it just a while ago.

EDIT: It was under some sheet music. Facepalm

15-08-2017, 01:11 PM
A summary of a situation / conversation I had a few days ago that's been on my mind given current events:

- Other officer brings a new arrival to the protective custody range I'm assigned to and says "put him in cell (insert random number here)."

The guy he brings in is Vietnamese, and the old white guy in the cell, upon looking out his cell window, screams "I don't want any fucking natives in my cell with me!"

Inuit guy in different cell screams "What white piece of shit just said that? Who's in that cell? I'll fuck you up when we get out!

As they continue screaming various racial obscenities at each other, and with my primary objective to just get the guy placed somewhere that won't result in a fight, I say "He's not native, he's Asian."

Guy in original cell says "That's fine. Just no natives, (racial slur for black people)s, or (racial slur for Arabs)s. (Racial slur for Asians)s are cool though.

By now the Inuit guy is in a full blown rage and I spend the rest of the day trying to micromanage the yard/phone/shower schedule to make sure they don't come into contact.

Pretty standard stuff, really. Yes, even in Canada.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
15-08-2017, 05:55 PM
(14-08-2017 09:54 AM)whateverist Wrote:  Are you two in the bay area as well? I think Moms is in SF. I'm in Berkeley. Where are you .. unless you're in witness protection, of course.

We should all hike Diablo together some time Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-08-2017, 05:57 PM
The eggplant in my red tofu curry looks like a Graboid from the movie Tremors Hobo

*Pic of Graboid, not my actual eggplant Wink

[Image: 375125be4020c6c6119b9fb719da49d7--tremor...design.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
15-08-2017, 06:04 PM
(15-08-2017 05:55 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

We should all hike Diablo together some time Smile

I'd have to practice driving there by myself, haven't driven anywhere that far yet, but that'd be fun. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post