Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2017, 11:34 PM
RE: Random thoughts
(18-08-2017 11:01 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 10:11 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Does anybody really know someone named Trevor in real life? I mean apart from that guy on The Daily Show. I mean I like him, but he's no fucking John Stewart. No

Not that he's suppose to be, but you get used to a good show and...never mind.

Fuck Trevor Noah! He's not funny and those pants he's trying to wear are way too big for him. It's one thing to make jokes about the US as an American... then you're laughing with us. It's another thing to make fun of us and laugh at us.

John Oliver says "us." On the few episodes I watched, Trevor Noah said "you guys." It was enough to polarize me against him.

Fuck you, Trevor Noah, you arrogant, anti-American fuck. Take your shit side show back to South Africa and make it big over there. -Oh but you apparently needed to come here to make it big. So say "we" when you poke fun at us.

(This is random thoughts, not the ranting corner. Here's a random thought: Trevor Noah's ratings are inferior to Jon Stewart's, and Comedy Central sounds like Trump as they try to sweeten their sour grapes with bullshit reasons to justify their dumb-ass decision to bypass seasoned comedians and established Daily Show correspondents in favor of this no-name hack they hired)

/"Random thought"

Tell us how you really feel. Angel

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
19-08-2017, 12:16 PM
To the news media...

If the headline includes the word Nazis...does the word extremists really need to be included?

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
19-08-2017, 12:30 PM
(19-08-2017 12:16 PM)unsapien Wrote:  To the news media...

If the headline includes the word Nazis...does the word extremists really need to be included?

Consider

Moderate Nazi? no, no
Nazi Lite? no, no

Apparently Nazi isn't horrifying enough to make people pay attention...Nazi is an old word...extremist is the new word, it conjures up mental images of brown people.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
19-08-2017, 12:32 PM
Four days off. Big Grin

21-08-2017, 05:02 AM
If you can go blind looking at the eclipse...

and you can go blind masturbating...

The two should cancel each other out so that it should be safe to watch the eclipse while masturbating, right?

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
21-08-2017, 06:12 AM
(21-08-2017 05:02 AM)unsapien Wrote:  If you can go blind looking at the eclipse...

The two should cancel each other out so that it should be safe to watch the eclipse while masturbating, right?

To cancel, one would have to be an unblinding. Sorry.

But you could be the first to experiment in this double-blind study.

Tongue

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
21-08-2017, 06:14 AM
(21-08-2017 05:02 AM)unsapien Wrote:  If you can go blind looking at the eclipse...

I've never heard that second one about masturbation. Which group says that?
21-08-2017, 06:48 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2017 06:55 AM by yakherder.)
(21-08-2017 06:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

To cancel, one would have to be an unblinding. Sorry.

But you could be the first to experiment in this double-blind study.

Tongue

So masturbating using Jesus spit, then...

Quote:6. After saying this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man’s eyes. 7 “Go,” he told him, “wash in the Pool of Siloam” (this word means “Sent”). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.

'Murican Canadian
21-08-2017, 06:50 AM
(21-08-2017 06:14 AM)Aliza Wrote:  

The Church of the Rising Penis (all rise) officially sanctions your scientific experiment.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
21-08-2017, 06:58 AM
(21-08-2017 06:14 AM)Aliza Wrote:  

It's an ooooold wives tale...

Here's a reddit thread. Relevant quote extracted:
Quote:I read a book about this a few years ago, Histoire d’une grande peur, la masturbation by Jean Stengers and Anne Van Neck. It was translated into English as Masturbation: The History of a Great Terror, but seems really overpriced (I got it in French for a few euros in a pocket edition, and it’s a small book).

I don’t have the book here to check its contents, but from my recollections (and the comments on amazon), it all began from an anonymous pamphlet published in England in the 18th century. Then during the Victorian era everybody in the Western world copied the ideas, most famously Tissot as Indorill said, and soon a real hysteria developed and anything could be blamed on masturbation, without any proof of course.

There is also a newer book—that I haven’t read—on the subject, Solitary Sex : A Cultural History of Masturbation, by Thomas W Laqueur, which seems more complete than Masturbation: The History of a Great Terror.

Nice to know that academics study such subjects Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post