Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2017, 07:08 AM
RE: Random thoughts
(18-08-2017 11:50 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Somewhere, someone needs to buy a Tiki torch for a backyard party and is afraid of being thought of as a white supremacist by the cashier or other customers.

This has become a real problem, associating Tiki Torches with Nazis.
Here is a photo of Nazis disguised as tourists sitting down to have a nice, late afternoon dinner at a nearby restaurant.

[Image: guests-having-dinner-in-restaurant-morad...EFHWPR.jpg]

Angel

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
21-08-2017, 07:31 AM
The Nazi in the white T-shirt has one helluva disguise....

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
21-08-2017, 07:40 AM
(21-08-2017 07:31 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The Nazi in the white T-shirt has one helluva disguise....

Tongue

#FakeTan

#AryanIsTheNewBlack

Drinking Beverage

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
21-08-2017, 01:44 PM
(21-08-2017 07:08 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 11:50 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Somewhere, someone needs to buy a Tiki torch for a backyard party and is afraid of being thought of as a white supremacist by the cashier or other customers.

This has become a real problem, associating Tiki Torches with Nazis.
Here is a photo of Nazis disguised as tourists sitting down to have a nice, late afternoon dinner at a nearby restaurant.

[Image: guests-having-dinner-in-restaurant-morad...EFHWPR.jpg]

Angel

Why bother with Tiki torches though? Not like they're necessary for a party. Laugh out load

21-08-2017, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2017 09:55 PM by evenheathen.)
You know what was cool about today?

For a few hours, America seemed to forget about its problems. We had something else to focus on. It wasn't even important, in the grand scheme of things. It's not going to affect us at all except for the few brief moments that we weren't hating each other.

There's so much in the universe that can inspire that kind of awe and appreciation every day and every moment that we should always be looking up and out, trying to understand before we believe, and stop worrying about who's silly idea of a god is actually out there. So let's place some good natured bets and let the chips fall.

But for fuck's sake let's please stop killing each other for no good reason.
It really is just as easy as it was today, we just need to start valuing what is proven to be worthy of attention and beneficial to our existence.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 6 users Like evenheathen's post
21-08-2017, 10:43 PM
(18-08-2017 11:01 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 10:11 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Does anybody really know someone named Trevor in real life? I mean apart from that guy on The Daily Show. I mean I like him, but he's no fucking John Stewart. No

Not that he's suppose to be, but you get used to a good show and...never mind.

Fuck Trevor Noah! He's not funny and those pants he's trying to wear are way too big for him. It's one thing to make jokes about the US as an American... then you're laughing with us. It's another thing to make fun of us and laugh at us.

John Oliver says "us." On the few episodes I watched, Trevor Noah said "you guys." It was enough to polarize me against him.

Fuck you, Trevor Noah, you arrogant, anti-American fuck. Take your shit side show back to South Africa and make it big over there. -Oh but you apparently needed to come here to make it big. So say "we" when you poke fun at us.

(This is random thoughts, not the ranting corner. Here's a random thought: Trevor Noah's ratings are inferior to Jon Stewart's, and Comedy Central sounds like Trump as they try to sweeten their sour grapes with bullshit reasons to justify their dumb-ass decision to bypass seasoned comedians and established Daily Show correspondents in favor of this no-name hack they hired)

/"Random thought"
100% agree. I wanted to like him, the fact that Jon hand-picked him I thought was great he's gotta be good and ....I just can't stand him. Just watch the Crossfire interview with Jon and you can see how quick on his feet he is and Trevor just ..isn't. At all.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
21-08-2017, 11:07 PM
(21-08-2017 10:43 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 11:01 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Fuck Trevor Noah! He's not funny and those pants he's trying to wear are way too big for him. It's one thing to make jokes about the US as an American... then you're laughing with us. It's another thing to make fun of us and laugh at us.

John Oliver says "us." On the few episodes I watched, Trevor Noah said "you guys." It was enough to polarize me against him.

Fuck you, Trevor Noah, you arrogant, anti-American fuck. Take your shit side show back to South Africa and make it big over there. -Oh but you apparently needed to come here to make it big. So say "we" when you poke fun at us.

(This is random thoughts, not the ranting corner. Here's a random thought: Trevor Noah's ratings are inferior to Jon Stewart's, and Comedy Central sounds like Trump as they try to sweeten their sour grapes with bullshit reasons to justify their dumb-ass decision to bypass seasoned comedians and established Daily Show correspondents in favor of this no-name hack they hired)

/"Random thought"
100% agree. I wanted to like him, the fact that Jon hand-picked him I thought was great he's gotta be good and ....I just can't stand him. Just watch the Crossfire interview with Jon and you can see how quick on his feet he is and Trevor just ..isn't. At all.

Yow. Tough crowd... I do rather like him but then I'm a bit partisan. You get an opportunity like this as a comedian, you damn well take it and run. He was picked out of the blue. For a guy who had to build his life from scratch, no qualifications... to afford to live in New York, to be watched by millions. Someone offers you that, you don't turn it down. That said, I think he *isn't* amazingly funny. He can deliver his lines and he works hard, but yeah, thinking fast isn't his strong suit. With a prepared show he's awesome, South Africa was a good place for him to be a big fish, but stepping into the shoes of a legend like Jon Stewart... I think *anyone* would have had problems. Also, I do think here in SA there's a slightly different sense of humour for a lot of things - not hugely but enough to be noticeable, meaning that it's harder to hit the right note with American audiences.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
21-08-2017, 11:16 PM
(21-08-2017 11:07 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 10:43 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  ... interview with Jon and you can see how quick on his feet he is and Trevor just ..isn't. At all.

Yow. Tough crowd...
... but yeah, thinking fast isn't his strong suit.
... Also, I do think here in SA there's a slightly different sense of humour for a lot of things - not hugely but enough to be noticeable, meaning that it's harder to hit the right note with American audiences.

I get what you guys are saying... He's not quite Jewish enough.

Angel

22-08-2017, 01:08 AM
(21-08-2017 11:16 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 11:07 PM)morondog Wrote:  Yow. Tough crowd...
... but yeah, thinking fast isn't his strong suit.
... Also, I do think here in SA there's a slightly different sense of humour for a lot of things - not hugely but enough to be noticeable, meaning that it's harder to hit the right note with American audiences.

I get what you guys are saying... He's not quite Jewish enough.

Angel

Folks,

I like Trevor. He has his own style, more gentle than Colbert or Oliver. Smile

Good job.

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
22-08-2017, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2017 01:47 AM by OakTree500.)
(21-08-2017 09:50 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  For a few hours, America seemed to forget about its problems. We had something else to focus on. It wasn't even important, in the grand scheme of things. It's not going to affect us at all except for the few brief moments that we weren't hating each other.

There's so much in the universe that can inspire that kind of awe and appreciation every day and every moment that we should always be looking up and out, trying to understand before we believe, and stop worrying about who's silly idea of a god is actually out there. So let's place some good natured bets and let the chips fall.

THIS.

One of the many reasons I am fairly "chilled", (despite my anxiety issues haha), is because I am in utter awe of space/the solar system and the universe in general. For me, it puts a lot of things into perspective and more should probably do the same. One of the last visits to the moon, has one of it's astronauts view the earth and say "oh wow...it IS just one place that we all live on.", and really changed the way he thought about stuff like countries/nations/nationality and the such like. We're all human beings, and should just get on with each other. It doesn't mean we have to like it or even do what the other guy is doing, but if anything just say "alright, just don't be a dickhead".

Whats better, carbon based life forms that are really small (on a cosmic scale) arguing about human born ideals/religions/"stuff" or the creation of stars? the formation of entire planets? The exploration of the known universe?

Recently I think it was, or is about to be, is that the Voyager 2 probe left the solar system and drifted out into open space and out into the unexplored universe. To me that is freaking HUGE. A man made object has gone "Where no person has gone before", and yet I have to hear about Trump just being a massive tool on all occasions?

"stop the planet, I want to get off" Weeping

When life gives you lemons, just remember you are an....
(18-09-2017 09:47 AM)vahaaao Wrote:  Irresponsible bachelor daddy
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post