Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2017, 12:10 PM
RE: Random thoughts
Alarm clocks will kill your dreams.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
08-09-2017, 04:09 PM
(08-09-2017 12:10 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Alarm clocks will kill your dreams.
Especially when you're having a discussion with someone, and then they open their mouth wide and start screaming like an alarm. Angry
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
09-09-2017, 07:25 PM
Nothing makes you feel more like there's going to be a murder than sitting in a dark room and listening to a guy chanting in Latin and frantic whispered prayers from another person, also in a language you don't speak.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
09-09-2017, 07:40 PM
It's funny how often we forget (or insist on the contrary) that we're just animals with a brain thing going for us.

I was going through my garage in the dark when some primal part of my brain went off and I glanced up to see a completely non-terrifying hand tiller baring its claws at me that my brain seemed to think WAS terrifying, causing me to ape run away until I realized I was an idiot.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 3 users Like Loom's post
09-09-2017, 08:04 PM
(09-09-2017 07:40 PM)Loom Wrote:  It's funny how often we forget (or insist on the contrary) that we're just animals with a brain thing going for us.

I was going through my garage in the dark when some primal part of my brain went off and I glanced up to see a completely non-terrifying hand tiller baring its claws at me that my brain seemed to think WAS terrifying, causing me to ape run away until I realized I was an idiot.

So true; my primal part got creeped out by a combination of darkness and a cue I've learned to feel is ominous. And if it was one of those hand tillers with the really sharp swirly parts instead of just being simple claws, I'd still be terrified of running into it in the dark too! And not an idiot, I'd argue, just a person reacting as we do, as you pointed out with how we're still just animals. Yes

[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
09-09-2017, 08:14 PM
(08-09-2017 12:10 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Alarm clocks will kill your dreams.

But set snooze for five minutes five times and you will have five quite vivid dreams.
11-09-2017, 03:58 PM
I do not know what our criminal justice club leadership are doing in their office across the hall from me, but I keep hearing laughter and what sounds suspiciously like arc'ing electricity. I realize they're probably just playing with something that makes a similar noise, but my first random thought the first time I heard it was, "Don't taze me bro".

[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
11-09-2017, 10:50 PM
(11-09-2017 03:58 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I do not know what our criminal justice club leadership are doing in their office across the hall from me, but I keep hearing laughter and what sounds suspiciously like arc'ing electricity. I realize they're probably just playing with something that makes a similar noise, but my first random thought the first time I heard it was, "Don't taze me bro".
Sounds like a game I had. You hold conductive handles, press a button, and when it tells you, you press the buttons on the handle. Slowest person gets shocked.

Much fun when you play while drinking. Especially when your alcohol tolerance is a good 20 times better than an idiot's.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
12-09-2017, 08:12 PM
Random thought: Why did I let God Awful Movies describing an episode, convince me it was a good idea to watch an episode of Bible Man?

(11-09-2017 10:50 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 03:58 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I do not know what our criminal justice club leadership are doing in their office across the hall from me, but I keep hearing laughter and what sounds suspiciously like arc'ing electricity. I realize they're probably just playing with something that makes a similar noise, but my first random thought the first time I heard it was, "Don't taze me bro".
Sounds like a game I had. You hold conductive handles, press a button, and when it tells you, you press the buttons on the handle. Slowest person gets shocked.

Much fun when you play while drinking. Especially when your alcohol tolerance is a good 20 times better than an idiot's.

As long as the shock isn't too bad, sounds like it could be a lot of fun. (Even more fun to watch while people are playing it and drinking.)

13-09-2017, 07:39 AM
1. Fuck consciousness. It's over-rated.

2. I'm comfortable with the notion that, evolutionary-speaking, Availability precedes Capacity (and the opposite is true for intelligent design) but I can't decide whether Security has primacy over Continuity or vice versa.

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post