Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2018, 12:43 PM
RE: Random thoughts
I may be overly prideful of my children. They have collectively helped me do things. They have, knowing my tendencies, protected me from myself.

Yes, they in their infancy have pissed on me, thrown up on me, required me to change their diapers. So the fuck what.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JAH's post
19-01-2018, 05:27 PM
(19-01-2018 09:40 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Or I could move to a province! Then I'll never have to deal with kids in any state.

Well, raising kids *is* the province of women Angel

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
19-01-2018, 08:12 PM
(19-01-2018 12:09 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I have baby fever. Quickly, someone convince me that babies are terrible and gross.

Mom! Mom! Mom! Look at this arbitrary crap that I find fascinating!

Mom! Pay attention to me! Mom! Mom! I'm hungry! I don't feel like eating! Mom!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
19-01-2018, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2018 08:27 PM by Kaneda.)
(19-01-2018 12:29 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(19-01-2018 12:09 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I have baby fever. Quickly, someone convince me that babies are terrible and gross.

They're a constant reminder of the follies of your youth. They shit everywhere. They're demanding for 20+ years and they'll never visit when you're old. Also you can't ever leave the house again without organising a babysitter and massive stress.

And that’s not even the worst part. Consider that great white elephant that nobody talks about:

[Image: boob2.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like Kaneda's post
19-01-2018, 08:30 PM
Lying awake at 2 AM, I was mulling over past events in my life - good and not so much.
I came to the conclusion that as painful as some disappointments might be, regrets seem to be worse. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
19-01-2018, 08:41 PM
(19-01-2018 08:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  Lying awake at 2 AM, I was mulling over past events in my life - good and not so much.
I came to the conclusion that as painful as some disappointments might be, regrets seem to be worse. Consider

Regrets for things done or not done? You know, the saddest words, it might have been and all that jazz (even if I prefer blues. And baroque, of course Rolleyes )

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
19-01-2018, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2018 09:07 PM by Kaneda.)
(19-01-2018 08:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  Lying awake at 2 AM, I was mulling over past events in my life - good and not so much.

You aren’t alone in this kind of thing, I’d wager. I’ve been mulling over life’s regrets in some form or another since I was 14.
19-01-2018, 09:23 PM
(19-01-2018 08:47 PM)Kaneda Wrote:  I’ve been mulling over life’s regrets in some form or another since I was 14.

[Image: mad-men-joan-laughing.gif]

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
20-01-2018, 03:27 AM

Rugrats are worser Tongue

Hug

I always want to live life without regrets. Turns out it's pretty tricky to actually do that...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-01-2018, 09:19 AM
Must do things which are more likely to result in mental wellness, rather than the opposite.