Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2018, 06:04 PM
RE: Random thoughts
(19-01-2018 08:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  Lying awake at 2 AM, I was mulling over past events in my life - good and not so much.
I came to the conclusion that as painful as some disappointments might be, regrets seem to be worse. Consider

Regrets, I’ve had a few.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-01-2018, 06:46 PM
I'd probably be put to death in an earlier era, because the Eucharist super aggravates my acid reflux and people would assume I'm possessed.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
20-01-2018, 08:25 PM
(20-01-2018 06:46 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I'd probably be put to death in an earlier era, because the Eucharist super aggravates my acid reflux and people would assume I'm possessed.

I wouldn't exist in an earlier era, because my maternal grandfather had epilepsy since he was a kid and would have been considered "not right" with God in Biblical times.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Kaneda's post
23-01-2018, 12:45 AM
Thread stickied

So here's a thing.

It must be over a year ago (pre-Trump) that I bemoaned 'professional outrage' on social media (specifically YouTube) and was feeling and observing 'outrage fatigue'.

So is this a gimmick or is it a shift back towards the wisdom of the old to counterbalance the outrage of the young?

Rather old meets Young Turks...

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
23-01-2018, 01:05 AM
(23-01-2018 12:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  wisdom of the old

"Wisdom of the old"? Consider
25-01-2018, 08:33 AM
Practicing getting out of bed immediately. Took me 2 minutes today. Not immediate but still good. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
25-01-2018, 10:58 AM
I'm going to start referring to bible-thumping fundagelicals as "faggots", and start calling them this to their faces. Think it will catch on?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
25-01-2018, 05:17 PM
[Image: cafepress-lab-coats-are-sexy-mousepad-st...36412.jpeg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
25-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Why is it that those who view themselves as intellectually superior prove they aren't when in a position with some power? Consider

(05-06-2017 04:14 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Are you as ugly as you post? ...
And you can come get my guns if you'd like to try. I'll take you to the range and give you three rounds headstart.
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-01-2018, 05:29 PM
(23-01-2018 12:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Thread stickied

So here's a thing.

It must be over a year ago (pre-Trump) that I bemoaned 'professional outrage' on social media (specifically YouTube) and was feeling and observing 'outrage fatigue'.

So is this a gimmick or is it a shift back towards the wisdom of the old to counterbalance the outrage of the young?

Rather old meets Young Turks...

It took nearly five years but I finally had a thread stickied!!!!!

This made my day, which goes to show you how truly uneventful my life is these days. Weeping

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 3 users Like WillHopp's post