Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2016, 09:19 AM
RE: Random thoughts
They offered time off today at work so I took it. No work today! I was having trouble sleeping again too. Also it's raining pretty hard.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
23-12-2016, 09:40 AM
(23-12-2016 08:33 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(23-12-2016 05:37 AM)skyking Wrote:  I don't know where you were going, I was at the pre-teen "EW Boy germs" stage Big Grin

Yeah, pre-teen is in my rearview mirror.

Let it be understood that I am way, way, way past the boys cootie phase!

My strategy of ignoring my problems until they disappear never seems to work out for me. ...I'll try to get around to dealing with that in the near future.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
23-12-2016, 01:29 PM
My Concentric Terrapin is trying to screw the ceramic turtle that is in the tank with him. It's the reason for the season!!!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
27-12-2016, 05:39 PM
Before coming home for Christmas, didn't realize I've not prayed before a meal in six months.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
27-12-2016, 05:46 PM
(27-12-2016 05:39 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Before coming home for Christmas, didn't realize I've not prayed before a meal in six months.

Slacker.

My strategy of ignoring my problems until they disappear never seems to work out for me. ...I'll try to get around to dealing with that in the near future.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
27-12-2016, 05:49 PM
(27-12-2016 05:39 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Before coming home for Christmas, didn't realize I've not prayed before a meal in six months.

We're infecting you. Tongue

I've just recently grown rudimentary legs and made the move from water to land.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
27-12-2016, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2016 06:01 PM by Shai Hulud.)
(27-12-2016 05:46 PM)Aliza Wrote:  

Slacker.
Apparently. Tongue

Better get ready for tomorrow through Friday, because they're gonna want to pray over meals in public too, when doing wedding shopping. Edit2: For a friend's wedding! He and his wife to be are getting married in 200 days from today.

Edit:
(27-12-2016 05:49 PM)pablo Wrote:  

We're infecting you. Tongue

Maybe, maybe not. Wink Outside of family, and some super Christian friends, I rarely did after moving into the dorms about 12 years ago. Though it was jarring to realize it's been 6 months, when I pray at other things during the day.

Need to think of a witty signature.
29-12-2016, 12:57 AM
Here's a question for the forum's biologists...

Are there any creatures, extant or extinct, who have no perception of up (and/or down)?

Bats and sloths do the upside-down thing but they are either up (flying/walking) or down (sleeping). It matters to them.

All I can think of is plankton (or similar) and bacteria. Is there anything bigger (more complex) that has no ... er ... directional stabiliser (for want of a better descriptor)?

Cheers.

31-12-2016, 12:56 AM
I just gained a greater appreciation for the principle of strong mathematical induction and how cool it is. IMO, Chartrand and Zhang's Discrete Mathematics covered this proof technique quite well.

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
31-12-2016, 04:04 AM
I don't like Shai's signature. He's more than a worm.

A Dr in the emergency department once told me this, I recall exactly: "This is the first time we've met. I'm a casualty Dr so we'll probably never meet again, but I think you don't place enough value on yourself."

He woke me up. I resembled xianity in a way. The denial and negation of oneself. I was doing to myself what xians have stolen from them everyday.

Fucking sandworm. Good for catching whiting and flathead.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post