Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2016, 09:19 AM
RE: Random thoughts
They offered time off today at work so I took it. No work today! I was having trouble sleeping again too. Also it's raining pretty hard.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
23-12-2016, 09:40 AM
(23-12-2016 08:33 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(23-12-2016 05:37 AM)skyking Wrote:  I don't know where you were going, I was at the pre-teen "EW Boy germs" stage Big Grin

Yeah, pre-teen is in my rearview mirror.

Let it be understood that I am way, way, way past the boys cootie phase!
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
23-12-2016, 01:29 PM
My Concentric Terrapin is trying to screw the ceramic turtle that is in the tank with him. It's the reason for the season!!!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
27-12-2016, 05:39 PM
Before coming home for Christmas, didn't realize I've not prayed before a meal in six months.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
27-12-2016, 05:46 PM
(27-12-2016 05:39 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Before coming home for Christmas, didn't realize I've not prayed before a meal in six months.

Slacker.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
27-12-2016, 05:49 PM
(27-12-2016 05:39 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Before coming home for Christmas, didn't realize I've not prayed before a meal in six months.

We're infecting you. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
27-12-2016, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2016 06:01 PM by Shai Hulud.)
(27-12-2016 05:46 PM)Aliza Wrote:  

Slacker.
Apparently. Tongue

Better get ready for tomorrow through Friday, because they're gonna want to pray over meals in public too, when doing wedding shopping. Edit2: For a friend's wedding! He and his wife to be are getting married in 200 days from today.

Edit:
(27-12-2016 05:49 PM)pablo Wrote:  

We're infecting you. Tongue

Maybe, maybe not. Wink Outside of family, and some super Christian friends, I rarely did after moving into the dorms about 12 years ago. Though it was jarring to realize it's been 6 months, when I pray at other things during the day.

Need to think of a witty signature.
29-12-2016, 12:57 AM
Here's a question for the forum's biologists...

Are there any creatures, extant or extinct, who have no perception of up (and/or down)?

Bats and sloths do the upside-down thing but they are either up (flying/walking) or down (sleeping). It matters to them.

All I can think of is plankton (or similar) and bacteria. Is there anything bigger (more complex) that has no ... er ... directional stabiliser (for want of a better descriptor)?

Cheers.

31-12-2016, 12:56 AM
I just gained a greater appreciation for the principle of strong mathematical induction and how cool it is. IMO, Chartrand and Zhang's Discrete Mathematics covered this proof technique quite well.

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
31-12-2016, 04:04 AM
I don't like Shai's signature. He's more than a worm.

A Dr in the emergency department once told me this, I recall exactly: "This is the first time we've met. I'm a casualty Dr so we'll probably never meet again, but I think you don't place enough value on yourself."

He woke me up. I resembled xianity in a way. The denial and negation of oneself. I was doing to myself what xians have stolen from them everyday.

Fucking sandworm. Good for catching whiting and flathead.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post