Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2017, 05:57 PM
RE: Random thoughts
I just saw Barney Frank on TV with a white beard and thought his neck had grown mold.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2017, 02:03 PM
Why is that the first thing that comes into my mind when I read something like People Encourage College ‘Women to Say They Were Raped When What They Really Were Was Regretful’ is "Now what could make Girly think to write such a thing in the first place?" Consider

#sigh
04-02-2017, 02:11 PM
(04-02-2017 02:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why is that the first thing that comes into my mind when I read something like People Encourage College ‘Women to Say They Were Raped When What They Really Were Was Regretful’ is "Now what could make Girly think to write such a thing in the first place?" Consider

Here's a random thought!

When Pence/Trump outlaws abortion with exception to rape cases, why not have every woman wanting to terminate a pregnancy claim rape... and that Trump did it! Sure the first few hundred would have to take one for the team, but after a million cases? 10 million cases? Evil_monster

Yeah, I know; it'll never happen! Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
04-02-2017, 02:23 PM
(04-02-2017 02:11 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Here's a random thought!

When Pence/Trump outlaws abortion with exception to rape cases, why not have every woman wanting to terminate a pregnancy claim rape...

I don't think Pence will allow for exceptions. I like the way you're thinking though. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-02-2017, 02:52 PM
I think Trump/Pence should work its way into the lexicon as a noun/adjective meaning to abstain from logic and reason:

"The trumpence movement set our country back 50 years."

"My mother attributes our country's failures as a trumpence in all things government-related."

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like WillHopp's post
04-02-2017, 03:02 PM
Hippopotami would make a good band name.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
04-02-2017, 06:58 PM
The existence of Reeses's Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures is compelling evidence for the existence of a benevolent deity. Angel

Said while rather too rapidly emptying a bag of same.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
04-02-2017, 07:08 PM
Thought it was just this Barnes and Noble that hires people who have no clue how to shelve in alphabetical order; was disabused of the notion when visiting another store an hour away today. A's were next to S's were next to G's. Also subject matter was weirdly misplaced too; like I found Jerry DeWitt's Hope After Faith in the Christian Life section, and a Star Wars novel in Biography.

(04-02-2017 02:11 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(04-02-2017 02:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why is that the first thing that comes into my mind when I read something like People Encourage College ‘Women to Say They Were Raped When What They Really Were Was Regretful’ is "Now what could make Girly think to write such a thing in the first place?" Consider

Here's a random thought!

When Pence/Trump outlaws abortion with exception to rape cases, why not have every woman wanting to terminate a pregnancy claim rape... and that Trump did it! Sure the first few hundred would have to take one for the team, but after a million cases? 10 million cases? Evil_monster

Yeah, I know; it'll never happen! Dodgy

Oh come on man, Pence won't allow a rape exception. Those jerkasses in Arkansas aren't now, they're letting (or going to let, rather) the rapist sue the doctor who does the abortion. Censored

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
04-02-2017, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2017 08:01 PM by cactus.)
I'ma give about a 70% chance that there will be news reports of some kind of act of violence occurring at the superbowl tomorrow, committed against someone wearing a MAGA shirt or hat and/or setting at least one inanimate object on fire, because people are dumb and allow media fads to dictate how strongly they should feel about particular things.

Actually, no, bump that up to 80%. I'm feeling particularly sure of myself on this one.
and an 85% chance that a car with a Trump bumper sticker gets vandalized after the game.

Anyone want to place bets?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
05-02-2017, 12:34 AM
Have you ever gotten real high and listened to a blues guitar solo so fucking mean and raunchy that you say "gaddamn!" out loud?

I recommend it.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post