Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2017, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2017 10:15 AM by Shai Hulud.)
RE: Random thoughts
Clickbait writing standards have really gone downhill over the past few years.

Clickbait: 22 Celebrities You Would Never Guess Are Muslims! Then goes on to list people including Mohammed Ali, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and Yusuf Islam...let alone my favorite, "Malala". No really, a Pakistani schoolgirl is a Muslim? Who would've thought? (Also way braver than most will ever be, myself definitely included.)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
05-02-2017, 10:12 AM
(05-02-2017 10:11 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Clickbait writing standards have really gone downhill over the past few years.

Clickbait: 22 Celebrities You Would Never Guess Are Muslims! Then goes on to list people including Mohammed Ali and Yusuf Islam...

... but you clicked on it, right?

Unsure

Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
05-02-2017, 10:17 AM
(05-02-2017 10:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-02-2017 10:11 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Clickbait writing standards have really gone downhill over the past few years.

Clickbait: 22 Celebrities You Would Never Guess Are Muslims! Then goes on to list people including Mohammed Ali and Yusuf Islam...

... but you clicked on it, right?

Unsure

I did, so it was successful, if poorly written. Sadcryface

[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
05-02-2017, 10:41 AM
(05-02-2017 10:17 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(05-02-2017 10:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  ... but you clicked on it, right?

Unsure

I did, so it was successful, if poorly written. Sadcryface

I actually wouldn't mind click bait, if not for having to read through only four lines of the "article", while the next four lines of said article are on the next page ... and this continues through twenty-four pages! Dodgy

Just put it all on one fucking page! Angry

However, it has taught me that, what I went there to find initially, won't actually be there anyway.

So, now I know: the majority of contemporary American culture is completely unnecessary.

Life lesson learned.
Thanks, interwebz! Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
05-02-2017, 04:39 PM
I make a point of not listening to Christmas music unless it's close to the holiday, but am fine (it occurs to me that waiting until it's more seasonally appropriate might be nice, but I pretty much never actually do) with listening to Halloween music when the holiday isn't close.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
05-02-2017, 05:09 PM
(05-02-2017 04:39 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I make a point of not listening to Christmas music unless it's close to the holiday, but am fine (it occurs to me that waiting until it's more seasonally appropriate might be nice, but I pretty much never actually do) with listening to Halloween music when the holiday isn't close.

Halloween music? Hmm.... Monster Mash.... drawing a blank on anything else...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
05-02-2017, 06:14 PM
(05-02-2017 05:09 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Halloween music? Hmm.... Monster Mash.... drawing a blank on anything else...

I listen to some obscure ones I happened to come across on Youtube. There's only like four or so.

(And I hate Monster Mash, for the record.)

05-02-2017, 06:34 PM
I love Eli Bosnick, and it was a mistake to not get tickets to the GAM liveshow in Chicago recently.

(05-02-2017 10:41 AM)kim Wrote:  I actually wouldn't mind click bait, if not for having to read through only four lines of the "article", while the next four lines of said article are on the next page ... and this continues through twenty-four pages! Dodgy

Just put it all on one fucking page! Angry

For real!!

05-02-2017, 07:26 PM
I just now realized how much I dislike Lady Gaga.
05-02-2017, 07:32 PM
(05-02-2017 07:26 PM)pablo Wrote:  I just now realized how much I dislike Lady Gaga.

Had Bad Romance playing through my headphones when I saw this post. Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post