Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2017, 06:54 PM
RE: Random thoughts
Not-so-subtle hint from boss saying that it's okay to work extra hours. I told him that I come in and get right to work, I don't take a lunch (though I may eat something at my desk), and by the time I leave I am done...my eyes are done, by brain is done, my back is done...I work nearly non-stop with just an occasional walk down to the restroom...a longer day would mean I am just not very effective during that extra time.

Guess where I will be Saturday for a while...maybe Sunday too. At least I am enjoying the project I was given yesterday and there is plenty to do that I don't need help with.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2017, 07:44 PM
(08-02-2017 06:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Not-so-subtle hint from boss saying that it's okay to work extra hours. I told him that I come in and get right to work, I don't take a lunch (though I may eat something at my desk), and by the time I leave I am done...my eyes are done, by brain is done, my back is done...I work nearly non-stop with just an occasional walk down to the restroom...a longer day would mean I am just not very effective during that extra time.

Guess where I will be Saturday for a while...maybe Sunday too. At least I am enjoying the project I was given yesterday and there is plenty to do that I don't need help with.

Are you salaried, or hourly? I'm sure you know the difference in the pay structures.
08-02-2017, 07:48 PM
(08-02-2017 07:44 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(08-02-2017 06:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Not-so-subtle hint from boss saying that it's okay to work extra hours. I told him that I come in and get right to work, I don't take a lunch (though I may eat something at my desk), and by the time I leave I am done...my eyes are done, by brain is done, my back is done...I work nearly non-stop with just an occasional walk down to the restroom...a longer day would mean I am just not very effective during that extra time.

Are you salaried, or hourly? I'm sure you know the difference in the pay structures.

Salaried. I can't really complain though since my first paid day was holiday and there aren't really a limit on days/time off. And I figure that working extra during tax season for them will work to my benefit when we discuss my salary at the end of April.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
09-02-2017, 01:24 PM
In the softball scene of Meatballs with Bill Murray, the batter is told to hit the ball to the girl with the big boobs in leftfield because she can't catch. She promptly hits the ball to her on the fly and the ball goes down her shirt, allowing the winning runs to score. But, if the ball gets stuck inside her shirt and she retrieves it before hitting the ground, which she did, then it's a catch and the batter is out and the game is over.

Stupid Hollywood directors. Of course I know they only did it for a gag and to show a woman with big boobs feeling herself up, but still, if there are no rules then what kind of society do we live in anyway?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
12-02-2017, 02:51 PM
There was a very attractive girl pulling a cart at work, but naturally I wasn't able to talk to her. Oh well.

12-02-2017, 02:53 PM
Pulling a cart???

Is that a small scale version of pulling a train??

Blink

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
12-02-2017, 02:54 PM
(12-02-2017 02:53 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Pulling a cart???

Is that a small scale version of pulling a train??

Blink

It was a thingy on which boxes are put. I call it a cart.

12-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Boxes, huh?????

I'm still not sure if we're on the same page....

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
12-02-2017, 04:15 PM
(09-02-2017 01:24 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  In the softball scene of Meatballs with Bill Murray, the batter is told to hit the ball to the girl with the big boobs in leftfield because she can't catch. She promptly hits the ball to her on the fly and the ball goes down her shirt, allowing the winning runs to score. But, if the ball gets stuck inside her shirt and she retrieves it before hitting the ground, which she did, then it's a catch and the batter is out and the game is over.

Stupid Hollywood directors. Of course I know they only did it for a gag and to show a woman with big boobs feeling herself up, but still, if there are no rules then what kind of society do we live in anyway?

Wouldn't that hurt like shite?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
12-02-2017, 06:33 PM
(12-02-2017 04:15 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(09-02-2017 01:24 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  In the softball scene of Meatballs with Bill Murray, the batter is told to hit the ball to the girl with the big boobs in leftfield because she can't catch. She promptly hits the ball to her on the fly and the ball goes down her shirt, allowing the winning runs to score. But, if the ball gets stuck inside her shirt and she retrieves it before hitting the ground, which she did, then it's a catch and the batter is out and the game is over.

Wouldn't that hurt like shite?

Not in Hollywood.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user