Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-02-2017, 07:04 PM
RE: Random thoughts
(09-02-2017 01:24 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  In the softball scene of Meatballs with Bill Murray, the batter is told to hit the ball to the girl with the big boobs in leftfield because she can't catch. She promptly hits the ball to her on the fly and the ball goes down her shirt, allowing the winning runs to score. But, if the ball gets stuck inside her shirt and she retrieves it before hitting the ground, which she did, then it's a catch and the batter is out and the game is over.

I may ask my cousin, who is a college softball coach, if that play is anywhere in the rule book... Consider

I think that rule would work in football. Girl_nails

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-02-2017, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2017 04:55 PM by CleverUsername.)
Just once, I'd like to find a "creepy sound" video, and look in the comments to see a bunch of people letting pareidolia get to them and talking about how it TOTALLY sounds like *insert thing*, except instead of the usual "It sounds like 'Get out now'!" and other generic horror crud, they just think they hear random stuff.

"I can hear it, it says 'Kick my lantern'."

"I think it says 'Pizza zipper cake'".

"'Pencil the coat rack', spooky."

And things of that nature.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 2 users Like CleverUsername's post
14-02-2017, 12:57 PM
Every time I see Alla as the latest poster in a thread, I mistake her with Aliza and go "When did Aliza become a Mormon?"

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
15-02-2017, 04:55 PM
Tried to edit last post, but couldn't, so random thought listening to TTA's "Religious Family - Conditional Love" on the latest podcast by Seth, he has this woman on who is saying how her dad hasn't talked to her in 7 or 8 months after seeing that she liked the TTA fanpage on Facebook. And my first random thought to that was, "This is a surprisingly common and depressing trope of the podcast. Seth Andrews is the reason people get outted." Then Seth asks if he's outting the boyfriend by them discussing things on the podcast.

Need to think of a witty signature.
15-02-2017, 06:05 PM
(12-02-2017 07:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-02-2017 01:24 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  In the softball scene of Meatballs with Bill Murray, the batter is told to hit the ball to the girl with the big boobs in leftfield because she can't catch. She promptly hits the ball to her on the fly and the ball goes down her shirt, allowing the winning runs to score. But, if the ball gets stuck inside her shirt and she retrieves it before hitting the ground, which she did, then it's a catch and the batter is out and the game is over.

I may ask my cousin, who is a college softball coach, if that play is anywhere in the rule book... Consider

For the record, yes, the runner would be out as long as the ball doesn't contact the ground, regardless how how or where it's caught.

It's just like the Edelman's Superbowl catch; ball never touched the ground so it's a complete pass.

15-02-2017, 10:34 PM
(15-02-2017 06:05 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(12-02-2017 07:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I may ask my cousin, who is a college softball coach, if that play is anywhere in the rule book... Consider

For the record, yes, the runner would be out as long as the ball doesn't contact the ground, regardless how how or where it's caught.

It's just like the Edelman's Superbowl catch; ball never touched the ground so it's a complete pass.

Just to be clear: I was a sports editor for 20 years for the largest independently owned newspaper in America and was captain of my high school baseball team. I knew the batter was out, and said so in my post. I brought it up to point out how stupid Hollywood is. Thumbsup

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
16-02-2017, 09:04 PM
Forgot that my birthday is already coming up in 2 months and I will be 25.

16-02-2017, 10:17 PM
At work.

(16-02-2017 09:04 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Forgot that my birthday is already coming up in 2 months and I will be 25.

Happy B-day.

Ah.... young folks.... Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
16-02-2017, 10:31 PM
(16-02-2017 09:04 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Forgot that my birthday is already coming up in 2 months and I will be 25.

I remember 25. I got married that year.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
18-02-2017, 05:37 PM
Consider Now that the clusterfuck that is the presidency of Agent Orange is on it's way...LDH has been uncharacteristically absent. Wonder why that is... Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?