Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2017, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2017 01:18 PM by WillHopp.)
RE: Random thoughts
(19-02-2017 11:37 AM)Fireball Wrote:  ^^ Rat Guards

After all, squirrels are just rats with fluffy tails. Yes

Whenever someone says this, I always think of Inglorious Basterds.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2017, 08:38 PM
My brother's getting married. Wondering what to use his room for when he moves out.

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
19-02-2017, 08:45 PM
(19-02-2017 08:38 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  My brother's getting married. Wondering what to use his room for when he moves out.

Turn it into a pantry/stock room for your epicurean adventures.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
19-02-2017, 08:48 PM
(19-02-2017 08:38 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  My brother's getting married. Wondering what to use his room for when he moves out.

Music studio! Yes
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
19-02-2017, 11:12 PM

Line the walls with Saran Wrap and have Wesson Oil parties. Yes
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
20-02-2017, 12:06 AM
I used to spend my free time playing guitar in a metal band. I would wonder what people thought about me and then decidedly not give a fuck.

These days I'm a dad to two young boys. I spend my free time doing everything for them, wondering what they think about me, and at the end of the day decidedly not giving a fuck.

Okay, that's not entirely true. As long as I get an "I love you too" out of them before the day ends I can rest easy. That's the fuck I give.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
20-02-2017, 08:25 AM
I have absolutely no clue how I'm 1 week ahead of schedule in my Criminology class. But have 35 minutes to figure out what to do, because I don't want to start a test early.

Need to think of a witty signature.
20-02-2017, 09:47 AM
(20-02-2017 08:25 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I have absolutely no clue how I'm 1 week ahead of schedule in my Criminology class. But have 35 minutes to figure out what to do, because I don't want to start a test early.

I KNOW WHAT TO DO IN THIS SITUATION!

Cancel class! You're very sick today. *cough cough*
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
20-02-2017, 10:29 AM
(20-02-2017 09:47 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 08:25 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I have absolutely no clue how I'm 1 week ahead of schedule in my Criminology class. But have 35 minutes to figure out what to do, because I don't want to start a test early.

I KNOW WHAT TO DO IN THIS SITUATION!

That would seem unfair since most of them are commuters... Sad

So instead I found a PBS documentary close to the chapter we just finished, and some test questions will be on it. Smile A few people laughed and one person said "yeah..." when I made a joke before hitting play about college making PBS more interesting for some of them than it had ever been, because it was better than lecture.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
20-02-2017, 03:14 PM
(20-02-2017 10:29 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 09:47 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I KNOW WHAT TO DO IN THIS SITUATION!

That would seem unfair since most of them are commuters... Sad

So instead I found a PBS documentary close to the chapter we just finished, and some test questions will be on it. Smile A few people laughed and one person said "yeah..." when I made a joke before hitting play about college making PBS more interesting for some of them than it had ever been, because it was better than lecture.

Not fair?!

Shai, today is by all rights an American holiday. Your students were all hung over this morning and would have appreciated the extra coffee and wake-up time.

Next time, just come right to me and ask. Thumbsup
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post