Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2017, 01:00 PM
RE: Random thoughts
(06-03-2017 12:28 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I wonder what people would think of me if they knew what fucked up things I've said on the internet. Or that I chat with a bunch of "degenerates". Tongue

Believe me they would think no less of you. How could they?

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-03-2017, 01:07 PM
(06-03-2017 01:00 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Believe me they would think no less of you. How could they?

Laugh out load
06-03-2017, 01:11 PM
(06-03-2017 12:28 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Or that I chat with a bunch of "degenerates". Tongue

Where would that be?
Hobo

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
06-03-2017, 01:49 PM
(03-03-2017 08:27 AM)Anjele Wrote:  (the dates [of Lent] are determined each year based on the phases of the moon. Dodgy )

Can't blame this on Catholics (or even Christians in general), though. It's the Jews (it's always the Jews). Easter is very closely tied to the Jewish Passover (why do you think Jesus is "the paschal lamb"?), and Jews determine the date of Passover by the phases of the moon (not as weird as it might seem -- their calendar is lunar). So the Christians just appropriated the same basic procedure to determine the date of Easter, and Lent is backdated from that.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
06-03-2017, 04:21 PM
I can't believe a thread I started has reached 50-plus pages! First time for everything!!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2017, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2017 04:32 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
(06-03-2017 01:11 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 12:28 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Or that I chat with a bunch of "degenerates". Tongue

Where would that be?
Hobo

Some refugees from an atheist chatroom that died, first we moved to a Skype group chat, now we're in a Discord room. I can invite some people if anyone wants to join. Also, we watch movies/shows occasionally.

06-03-2017, 04:59 PM
(06-03-2017 04:26 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 01:11 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Where would that be?
Hobo

Some refugees from an atheist chatroom that died, first we moved to a Skype group chat, now we're in a Discord room. I can invite some people if anyone wants to join. Also, we watch movies/shows occasionally.

Ah... you were serious... I was assuming it was a thinly-veiled reference to TTA.

[Image: image.jpg?w=520&c=1]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
06-03-2017, 05:01 PM
(06-03-2017 04:59 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 04:26 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Some refugees from an atheist chatroom that died, first we moved to a Skype group chat, now we're in a Discord room. I can invite some people if anyone wants to join. Also, we watch movies/shows occasionally.

Ah... you were serious... I was assuming it was a thinly-veiled reference to TTA.

[Image: image.jpg?w=520&c=1]

Oh, I'm totally serious. Cool

08-03-2017, 08:01 AM
TheBorg is now brown (in username), much like in Mormon beliefs, being brown on TTA is a sign of one's sins. But we don't back it with an entirely racist dogma about siding with Satan in pre-existence and then being punished for it here on Earth. Though I guess if he reformed, he could become blue and delight-some (where Joseph Smith used to claim that non-white people could become "white and delight-some"). Why yes, I am tired while eating breakfast at the office.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-03-2017, 09:43 AM
(08-03-2017 08:01 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  TheBorg is now brown (in username), much like in Mormon beliefs, being brown on TTA is a sign of one's sins. But we don't back it with an entirely racist dogma about siding with Satan in pre-existence and then being punished for it here on Earth. Though I guess if he reformed, he could become blue and delight-some (where Joseph Smith used to claim that non-white people could become "white and delight-some"). Why yes, I am tired while eating breakfast at the office.

I don't look at his drivel, so didn't notice this. I poked around a little but don't see where the username being brown is addressed. Got any pointers?
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post