Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2017, 08:03 PM
RE: Random thoughts
The movie Anastasia would've been much more interesting if it followed several different potential Anastasias and you didn't get to find out which, if any, was the real one until the end.

If we're going to inject fiction into reality, might as well do it in a fun way.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2017, 11:04 PM
I just discovered that George Carlin was Mr. Conductor on Shining Time Station during the time when I was watching it as a kid. Holy shit balls.

He also narrated some of it, which brings me to this: Here is a video of him narrating and then some beautiful soul dubbed it over with his stand-up.

[+] 3 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
20-03-2017, 09:07 AM
(19-03-2017 12:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 12:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I went onto Amazon to look for a dog bed. I thought maybe they had an air mattress type bed that would be easy to clean and move around. Scrolling down a little I come across a fully lined and padded dog coffin. Sadcryface

Who sets up the damn keywords for things? I was looking for somewhere for the dogs to sleep...and not in the eternal slumber kinda way.

Weeping

Buy it. Dog'll probably like it.

Sure, and then his incisor's will start getting longer, and he'll sleep all day. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
22-03-2017, 06:46 PM
Had this one while listening to the latest podcast. Seth's going on about the beliefs of Scientology and how most "meet and greet" Christians would scoff at it if you asked them about those beliefs, then started going, "Now ask them about Lord Yahweh, who..." and starts to lay out Christianity in a similarly worded manner.

First random thought, "Oh come on Seth, don't use Loftus's Outsider Test for Faith as an opener of the podcast." Sure enough, he goes, "That's John Loftus's Outsider Test for Faith." Fun aside; that's how I never got invited back to the Catholic Student Association in grad school after giving a few presentations to them. Never point out how our beliefs might sound silly to someone who has never heard of them before, after they mock someone else's.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
22-03-2017, 11:22 PM
Damn. I need glue to fix the thing. I keep forgetting, until the exact middle of the night, I need to buy glue.
Fuck it - that shit can stay broke.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
23-03-2017, 04:02 AM
(22-03-2017 06:46 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Had this one while listening to the latest podcast. Seth's going on about the beliefs of Scientology and how most "meet and greet" Christians would scoff at it if you asked them about those beliefs, then started going, "Now ask them about Lord Yahweh, who..." and starts to lay out Christianity in a similarly worded manner.

Scientology always make me laugh. Once I read about the whole "Xenu" stuff, I could never even remotely take them seriously. I can't recall the website/forum, but there is a chap that goes to Scientology "churches" and dresses up in an alien costume:

[Image: 6763828_orig.gif?228]

#XenuForPresident Bowing

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
23-03-2017, 10:02 AM
Ever scroll through the posts, see the black dot on the document icon and think to yourself, "Why the hell would I have posted in THAT thread?"

And then you click it and look for your post and think, "I wrote that? Why don't I remember writing that?"

Or you read it, chuckle and think, "I'm fucking hilarious." Laughat

That's me at least twice a day.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
23-03-2017, 10:13 AM
(23-03-2017 04:02 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Scientology always make me laugh. Once I read about the whole "Xenu" stuff, I could never even remotely take them seriously. I can't recall the website/forum, but there is a chap that goes to Scientology "churches" and dresses up in an alien

Scientology is the realization by the prophet LRon that the prophet Joe was right, money ripe for the picking and hookers and blow for all.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-03-2017, 10:47 AM
(23-03-2017 10:02 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Ever scroll through the posts, see the black dot on the document icon and think to yourself, "Why the hell would I have posted in THAT thread?"

And then you click it and look for your post and think, "I wrote that? Why don't I remember writing that?"

Or you read it, chuckle and think, "I'm fucking hilarious." Laughat

That's me at least twice a day.

The best thing about memory problems is you can laugh again at your own jokes.

Thumbsup
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
23-03-2017, 01:13 PM
(23-03-2017 04:02 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 06:46 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Had this one while listening to the latest podcast. Seth's going on about the beliefs of Scientology and how most "meet and greet" Christians would scoff at it if you asked them about those beliefs, then started going, "Now ask them about Lord Yahweh, who..." and starts to lay out Christianity in a similarly worded manner.

Scientology always make me laugh. Once I read about the whole "Xenu" stuff, I could never even remotely take them seriously. I can't recall the website/forum, but there is a chap that goes to Scientology "churches" and dresses up in an alien costume:

[Image: 6763828_orig.gif?228]

#XenuForPresident Bowing

This man is awesome and I want his costume so badly now!

Need to think of a witty signature.