Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2017, 09:03 PM
RE: Random thoughts
(25-03-2017 07:48 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 07:07 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Just realized I've been here for a year and two days. Still not an atheist. Drinking Beverage Love you all anyhow though; TTA is one of the highlights of many a day.

It's a slow process, like turning Anakin to the dark side.

Yea. Shit, that took, what ... the better part of three unnecessary movies?

Oh, and a lake of fire. That was cool. Consider There was a lake of fire, right?

I think I slept through that third one. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
25-03-2017, 09:12 PM
(25-03-2017 09:03 PM)kim Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 07:48 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  It's a slow process, like turning Anakin to the dark side.

Yea. Shit, that took, what ... the better part of three unnecessary movies?

Oh, and a lake of fire. That was cool. Consider There was a lake of fire, right?

If we count lava as fire?

Also "I have the high ground" kind of should have telegraphed to Anakin "Don't try to do a somersault flip at your enemy so he can cut off your legs", at least to me...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
25-03-2017, 09:13 PM
(25-03-2017 08:31 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 07:48 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  It's a slow process, like turning Anakin to the dark side.

Yoda was so right though, he shouldn't have been trained. He already knew attachment, and emotions were his downfall. Tongue

The man brought balance to the force. When he started a corrupt self-appointed religious junta had undue influence over the Galaxy he took them down leaving 2 Jedi and 2 sith. That sounds pretty damn balanced to me.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
25-03-2017, 10:05 PM
I feel like that's not what Lucas was going for... Tongue

Need to think of a witty signature.
25-03-2017, 10:17 PM
(25-03-2017 09:12 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 09:03 PM)kim Wrote:  Yea. Shit, that took, what ... the better part of three unnecessary movies?

If we count lava as fire?

Also "I have the high ground" kind of should have telegraphed to Anakin "Don't try to do a somersault flip at your enemy so he can cut off your legs", at least to me...

Um, spoiler alerts please!!

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
25-03-2017, 10:25 PM
(25-03-2017 10:17 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 09:12 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  If we count lava as fire?

Um, spoiler alerts please!!

Yeah. You're right.

Vader is Luke's father.
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
25-03-2017, 10:30 PM
(25-03-2017 10:25 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(25-03-2017 10:17 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Um, spoiler alerts please!!

Yeah. You're right.

Vader is Luke's father.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
25-03-2017, 10:38 PM
(25-03-2017 07:07 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Just realized I've been here for a year and two days. Still not an atheist. Drinking Beverage Love you all anyhow though; TTA is one of the highlights of many a day.

Unlike the religious who feel the need to recruit...we don't.

But you are still welcome to join us when you finally admit we are right. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-03-2017, 10:58 PM
I was just watching the Star Trek Enterprise episode "The Council". Now, when the away team was entering an object in order to gain further information about it, commander T'Pol, the leader of the away team, ordered the pilot to proceed along a conduit at 60 degrees starboard and 80 degrees z axis. Now, this immediately brought me back to spherical and cylindrical coordinates in calc III and using them in order to compute triple integrals: I absolutely enjoyed triple integrals and thought that they were so cool. Hence, IMO, while this episode was very good, it also reminded me of how much I appreciated my calculus studies.

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
[+] 2 users Like Kernel Sohcahtoa's post
26-03-2017, 07:23 AM
Why does this thread remind me so much of listening to theists arguing points of doctrine?
Consider

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP