Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2017, 06:58 PM
RE: Random thoughts
(27-03-2017 04:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-03-2017 04:09 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  I think that normal baseline was the job Jesus was suppose to fill? Bowing
But I think most would honestly Ohmy peg that person as NOT normal really.No

Getting nailed to shit for pissing off the Romans was the old normal? I prefer the new normal.

Well I was thinking more along the lines of;
Ole Jesus probably loaned all his tools out to people whom never returned them. So when his carpenter's box was finally all but empty = Time for a new vocation.

You have to be odd to be #1.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
27-03-2017, 07:01 PM
(27-03-2017 05:59 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(26-03-2017 09:35 AM)Anjele Wrote:  The squirrels always win...except when trying to cross the street.

Unless they can really "fly"- that is glide- far enough, the squirrels can't get to our bird feeder. That guy's back yard is too small, and the feeder is too close to the hand rail. If he really wanted the squirrels to leave the birdseed alone, he'd augment it with ground red chili pepper, like you get for your pizza. The birds can't taste it, but the squirrels sure can. And they DO NOT like it. Laugh out load

Thank you for the suggestion...I will be adding that to my grocery list.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
27-03-2017, 09:37 PM
(27-03-2017 07:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-03-2017 05:59 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Unless they can really "fly"- that is glide- far enough, the squirrels can't get to our bird feeder. That guy's back yard is too small, and the feeder is too close to the hand rail. If he really wanted the squirrels to leave the birdseed alone, he'd augment it with ground red chili pepper, like you get for your pizza. The birds can't taste it, but the squirrels sure can. And they DO NOT like it. Laugh out load

Thank you for the suggestion...I will be adding that to my grocery list.

Just make sure that the birds can't leave their droppings on your cars. All that pepper can't be good for the paint. Hobo
27-03-2017, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2017 10:34 PM by Kernel Sohcahtoa.)
I decided to review some discrete math proofs today. In particular, I went over some proofs involving relatively prime numbers along with brushing up on strong induction. Hence, I actually gained better insight into the fundamental theorem of arithmetic (TFTA) and why it works.

Now, the first book I used, which is Discrete Mathematics by Gary Chartrand and Ping Zhang, gave a proof for TFTA, which presented a clear strong induction proof for the existence of the prime factorization n=p1p2....pk. However, I found their contradiction proof, which established the uniqueness of this factorization, to be a bit unclear. As a result, I opened up the Book of Proof by Richard Hammack and found that he gave a much clearer explanation of the uniqueness of the prime factorization via proof by smallest counterexample. Interestingly enough, I found that Hammack's explanation of the existence of the prime factorization via proof by strong induction lacked the clarity of Chartrand and Zhang's approach.

With that said, regarding my studies in mathematics (I'm self-learner), I have found that having multiple resources (books, youtube videos, online class notes, and etc.) enhances learning, as different people may present certain ideas and concepts more clearly, thoroughly, and creatively than others.

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
[+] 2 users Like Kernel Sohcahtoa's post
28-03-2017, 08:51 AM
I woke up this morning and I wasn't hungry. But I went to bed hungry. Has anyone seen my wife?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
28-03-2017, 08:55 AM
(28-03-2017 08:51 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  I woke up this morning and I wasn't hungry. But I went to bed hungry. Has anyone seen my wife?

She's probably getting a sandwich....

I know it makes ME hungry afterwards...

Drooling

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
29-03-2017, 07:44 AM
5 more days until I'm 25. Cool

29-03-2017, 08:10 AM
(29-03-2017 07:44 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  5 more days until I'm 25. Cool

Wow, you're young!

Good luck with the FUTURE.

Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
29-03-2017, 08:20 AM
(29-03-2017 08:10 AM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 07:44 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  5 more days until I'm 25. Cool

Wow, you're young!

Good luck with the FUTURE.

Hobo

I can probably handle it.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
29-03-2017, 08:09 PM
Less Random Thought than Random Funny Story. However, before going down to the immigration and hatred panel, two of the College Democrats' officers and I were talking and one went, "Oh come on Dr. [Hulud], you're sort of a stereotype in a good way. You're a liberal college professor atheist that listens to NPR."

"Umm, I'm Catholic actually."

"Really?" she just looked shocked, "but you discuss science and you're so liberal and...."

She trails off and the guy goes, "and you have an atheist mug on your shelf."

Points to him for noticing the TTA travel mug, even though it doesn't say "atheist" anywhere on it.

As for a random thought, after the panel with myself doing hate groups, a criminal attorney that handles immigration matters, an immigration attorney, a Muslim attorney discussing the travel ban, and a couple of folks from the Mexican Consulate, I am so grateful to not suffer the same sort of hardships as people caught up in this immigration clusterfluffle.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post