Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2017, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2017 05:36 PM by Shai Hulud.)
RE: Random thoughts
If I continue to watch John Whitcomb's "Science and the Bible" on the local Evangelical channel, I may become an atheist. Time to turn off Mr, oh I'm sorry Dr. "Do we really trust man's word from the evolutionists? They say all princes today used to be frogs!", "Those evolutionists see a rainbow and go 'oh how beautiful, solar radiation hitting millions of water droplets with no purpose at all!'", and "Mountains weren't big like they are now, Everest and those mountains are the result of the Flood!" "The only source of liquid water in the universe is on this planet."

Edit: "Charles Darwin, the great prophet of evolutionism said we would have to find links between animal forms. We've never found any links, nothing in between. We find nothing transitional at all. Things reproduce after their Kind; evolutionists are in big trouble here. They say a bird just hatched from a reptile egg and flew away. This is Alice in Wonderland fairy tale thinking; this is serious here, it's what of they believe." - Actually a paraphrase, I couldn't get it all done.

"Billions of sea creature fossils from all over the world shows we had a global catastrophe, the Genesis Flood."

"If you add millions of years, things don't go up and get high, they go down." says the man who refuses to apparently believe in plate tectonics.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
04-04-2017, 06:12 PM
(04-04-2017 05:30 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  If I continue to watch John Whitcomb's "Science and the Bible" on the local Evangelical channel, I may become an atheist. Time to turn off Mr, oh I'm sorry Dr. "Do we really trust man's word from the evolutionists? They say all princes today used to be frogs!", "Those evolutionists see a rainbow and go 'oh how beautiful, solar radiation hitting millions of water droplets with no purpose at all!'", and "Mountains weren't big like they are now, Everest and those mountains are the result of the Flood!" "The only source of liquid water in the universe is on this planet."

Edit: "Charles Darwin, the great prophet of evolutionism said we would have to find links between animal forms. We've never found any links, nothing in between. We find nothing transitional at all. Things reproduce after their Kind; evolutionists are in big trouble here. They say a bird just hatched from a reptile egg and flew away. This is Alice in Wonderland fairy tale thinking; this is serious here, it's what of they believe." - Actually a paraphrase, I couldn't get it all done.

"Billions of sea creature fossils from all over the world shows we had a global catastrophe, the Genesis Flood."

"If you add millions of years, things don't go up and get high, they go down." says the man who refuses to apparently believe in plate tectonics.

It's all part of my plan. Unlike your god's plan, which is to give children cancer and listen to their parents beg him to cure them. Big Grin

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like WillHopp's post
04-04-2017, 06:20 PM
(04-04-2017 06:00 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-04-2017 08:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  ...
Mine is close...Anjele in place of Angie Lee. Smile

Oh!

I really like your movies.

Big Grin

Damnit man! Now everyone will know I am really an Asian man. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
04-04-2017, 09:16 PM
(04-04-2017 06:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-04-2017 06:00 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Oh!

I really like your movies.

Big Grin

Damnit man! Now everyone will know I am really an Asian man. Dodgy

You mean you're not an Asian woman?! I KNEW I should have reached under you skirt before I kissed you! Weeping

Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
06-04-2017, 08:06 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how difficult it is to step out of our own skin and look at things from a different point of view. Even when we consciously try to do it, we may lack the world experience to be successful. We may be so comfortable in our own world-view that we cannot fathom that someone else may, by their cultural upbringing, think totally different from ourselves and that their way is just as valid as our own.

We jump to conclusions based on what we think we know without ever stopping to consider that of an ocean of human knowledge and experiences, we barely get to dip our toe into the water, yet we’re all so confident that we’ve mastered the sea.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
06-04-2017, 08:13 AM
We are now able to create true random numbers. Consider The fuck?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-04-2017, 08:31 AM
(06-04-2017 08:13 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  We are now able to create true random numbers. Consider The fuck?

Infinite improbability drive?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-04-2017, 10:28 AM
(06-04-2017 08:06 AM)Aliza Wrote:  It never ceases to amaze me how difficult it is to step out of our own skin and look at things from a different point of view. Even when we consciously try to do it, we may lack the world experience to be successful. We may be so comfortable in our own world-view that we cannot fathom that someone else may, by their cultural upbringing, think totally different from ourselves and that their way is just as valid as our own.

Many if not most people arrive at their opinions from whatever the social group they identify with tells them, not through observation of the world and critical assessment of what they observe. That means I don't have to understand the majority of people in any detail, since their opinions don't necessarily refer to anything real. I am much more interested in what the people who actually observe the world and critically assess it think. Even though this assessment narrows down my efforts considerably, they are still a lifetime undertaking.
[+] 4 users Like Thoreauvian's post
07-04-2017, 03:56 AM
(06-04-2017 08:13 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  We are now able to create true random numbers. Consider The fuck?

A set of polyhedral dice takes care of all of my random number generating needs.

[Image: 0aae23b454d58fa108b7eb9120720716_large.jpg?1435775318]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
07-04-2017, 06:45 AM
Someone in a philosophy chatroom named themselves "TheUberVirtuousMan". I hope they're being ironic. Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post