Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2017, 03:25 AM
RE: Random thoughts
The standard coloration of a peacock is stunning. The white mutation is equally stunning in its own way.

... but the pied, being a little of both, is probably my favorite. Who is singularly anything at all? I'm certainly not.

[Image: de9125f96e665d814eb187ac850eddba.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
22-04-2017, 07:32 PM
Sitting here thinking about Gorsuch cause a picture of Franken popped up. and I remembered their argument about a truck driver who had choose between freezing to death or driving a trailer with no breaks or unhitching the trailer and driving to somewhere with heat.

When you encounter an obviously unintended unfortunate consequence, you don't assume the authors were dicks and intended it unless you're a dick yourself. That's what I think.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-04-2017, 07:42 PM
Aliza, my surname means peacock (plus the normal surname ending in Bulgarian). My sister likes to use pics of peacocks as her fb profile pic sometimes Yes

Also, that one is stunning, his neck looks like a cloudy sky...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
22-04-2017, 08:22 PM
(22-04-2017 07:42 PM)Vera Wrote:  Aliza, my surname means peacock (plus the normal surname ending in Bulgarian). My sister likes to use pics of peacocks as her fb profile pic sometimes Yes

I have a bit of a thing for peacocks. They're so majestic! Actually, I love all birds.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
22-04-2017, 08:30 PM
Incorrect

Correct

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
22-04-2017, 08:34 PM
(22-04-2017 08:22 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(22-04-2017 07:42 PM)Vera Wrote:  Aliza, my surname means peacock (plus the normal surname ending in Bulgarian). My sister likes to use pics of peacocks as her fb profile pic sometimes Yes

I have a bit of a thing for peacocks. They're so majestic! Actually, I love all birds.

If they live elsewhere, and you can visit when you want. Yes, Peacocks are well marked. But if you have to listen them squawking and put up with their messing everything around, like I did living in Florida (in one place), I'll pass. That was one place in Cape Canaveral, the city.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
22-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Hehe, and I have a thing for nightingales because they are retiring and common-looking but they have the most beautiful song and they mostly sing at night. Kinda identify with them, I guess (not that I'm in the habit of singing at night Rolleyes )

"the nightingale sings
safe in the knowledge that night hides."

In the silence of night this is among the most beautiful things there are Heart

Used to use it a lot in my "writings" (for uni and while studying portuguese)

(I like birds, too. Even if I ran for my life when I tried volunteering with penguins and on this trip was viciously attacked* by a bluejay and a huge parrot-y thing Dodgy )

* okay, pecked** a bit Rolleyes

** okay, the parrot did leave a yuge purple bruise on my arm that it took a month to heal, but that's mostly 'cause I bruise frightfully easily)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
22-04-2017, 09:30 PM
(22-04-2017 08:34 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(22-04-2017 08:22 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I have a bit of a thing for peacocks. They're so majestic! Actually, I love all birds.

If they live elsewhere, and you can visit when you want. Yes, Peacocks are well marked. But if you have to listen them squawking and put up with their messing everything around, like I did living in Florida (in one place), I'll pass. That was one place in Cape Canaveral, the city.

I don't know if they're in the panhandle, but they're everywhere else in Florida. Maybe I don't love them hanging out on the sidewalks or my roof, but everywhere else is good.
22-04-2017, 09:39 PM
(22-04-2017 09:30 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(22-04-2017 08:34 PM)Fireball Wrote:  If they live elsewhere, and you can visit when you want. Yes, Peacocks are well marked. But if you have to listen them squawking and put up with their messing everything around, like I did living in Florida (in one place), I'll pass. That was one place in Cape Canaveral, the city.

I don't know if they're in the panhandle, but they're everywhere else in Florida. Maybe I don't love them hanging out on the sidewalks or my roof, but everywhere else is good.

Peacock on the roof could be a good robber deterrent.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
23-04-2017, 02:02 AM
Ambien is like my adversary. I love the sillies it gives me, but never-the-less feel compelled to fight off the exhaustion with every fiber of my being.

I am not going to sleep yet!