Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2017, 10:56 PM
RE: Random thoughts
(02-05-2017 09:48 AM)DLJ Wrote:  New Bond!

After many years of Secret Service, my time is over. I have been deposed.

Finally tricked them into throwing you in the brier patch. Thumbsup

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-05-2017, 07:45 PM
I'm getting the strange desire to go into politics, even though I have social anxiety and I'm not very good at interacting with people.

11-05-2017, 09:25 PM
(11-05-2017 07:45 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I'm getting the strange desire to go into politics, even though I have social anxiety and I'm not very good at interacting with people.

You'd likely do better than the lump of excrement currently occupying the White House. Though that isn't saying much.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
12-05-2017, 12:11 AM
(11-05-2017 09:25 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(11-05-2017 07:45 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I'm getting the strange desire to go into politics, even though I have social anxiety and I'm not very good at interacting with people.

You'd likely do better than the lump of excrement currently occupying the White House. Though that isn't saying much.

Talk about damnation with faint praise Laugh out load

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
12-05-2017, 08:42 AM
(12-05-2017 12:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-05-2017 09:25 PM)Fireball Wrote:  You'd likely do better than the lump of excrement currently occupying the White House. Though that isn't saying much.

Talk about damnation with faint praise Laugh out load

No offense meant, GN. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
12-05-2017, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2017 12:48 PM by Shai Hulud.)
...I don't think any of the three remaining students for this Final are going to show. (Granted there's still an hour and a half left, but...) Edit: 1:47pm, last student is gone. Just me waiting for 3 students to show over the next hour and thirteen minutes.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
13-05-2017, 03:58 PM
For a person who takes the hard stance of "hijab is a symbol of oppression, and even the westernized Muslim women who feel empowered by wearing them are just brainwashed and should be convinced to stop wearing them", then shouldn't it logically follow that this same person would want to advocate for a "free the nipple" movement?

...Basically the same thing, just minor cultural differences?... No?...

Please poke holes in my argument. lol

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
13-05-2017, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2017 11:04 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
When I went to do a skin biopsy for a study about my genetic disorder last year, the local anesthetic didn't work, and I just wanted to get the biopsy over with without having to wait for the anesthetic to work, so I let the doctor take a small piece of skin off my arm without anesthetic (only I knew that it didn't work). It was an interesting sensation. The doctor said he was amazed by how fast the bleeding stopped, though, which was cool. I had to keep a straight face while feeling the skin get taken off, guess I managed to.

[+] 4 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
14-05-2017, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2017 03:01 PM by Shai Hulud.)
I was listening to GAM review The Resurrection of Gavin Stone. Noah keeps ranting again and again about how unrealistic this woman being a Church Play Nazi about practice is. My recurring random thought (no longer random after the first time) after this is, "He needs to meet my mother's pastor's wife who runs their Christmas and Easter things and goes so insane about it that usually half the people who sign up for it, will end up quitting because she's too demanding with the 12+ hours of practice per week for months on end.."

Edit: Called mom, told her that. Her reply, "That sounds exactly like [minister's wife]!"

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
15-05-2017, 10:51 AM

My husband has had the exact same inclination! I say do it. Government's supposed to be by the people, and what's the harm in running for a city council position or something along those lines?

(13-05-2017 03:58 PM)cactus Wrote:  For a person who takes the hard stance of "hijab is a symbol of oppression, and even the westernized Muslim women who feel empowered by wearing them are just brainwashed and should be convinced to stop wearing them", then shouldn't it logically follow that this same person would want to advocate for a "free the nipple" movement?

...Basically the same thing, just minor cultural differences?... No?...

Please poke holes in my argument. lol

I thought you said, "Please poke holes in my garment." It even made sense for a second.

And here's where I see the flaw in your argument: anybody taking a hard stance on the morality of what someone else does is inherently patronizing (not necessarily wrong--I don't want to get into that--just patronizing). Therefore, since the crux of their argument is that they should be the one to make judgments on and decisions for other people, logical consistency doesn't apply. That would imply that there is another body to whom the judge's opinions must appear justified.

I eat too much cheese.
[+] 3 users Like kmc's post