Random thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2017, 07:41 PM
RE: Random thoughts
I saw my first line of baby geese this season. Damn immigrant geese just fly into Canada to go on vacation in our federally funded national parks and have their anchor babies to get them on Canadian benefits, then go back south when it gets chilly instead of becoming productive members of society.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like yakherder's post
21-05-2017, 09:16 PM
Soviet oppossums.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-05-2017, 09:23 PM
Bank of America is concerned enough to send me an email letting me know that someone is trying to log into my account unsuccessfully.

Silly me, I didn't know I had an account with BoA. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
22-05-2017, 04:41 AM
I recently got an Amazon "Order cancellation notice", complete with order number that was supposedly a hot link to the order. Blink

Hey now, this looked really authentic, but curiously since this "notice" was a first ever for this action with Amazon; no, for that reason I did not. (click on it) Thumbsup

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
22-05-2017, 04:50 AM
Then there was this which landed just today in my in box:

mystery shopping providers association

Dear candidate.
---------------------
We are a company engaged in the mystery shopper field.
Currently we are in desperate need of a secret team to
Evaluate the service at our branches.

To conduct business be it a restaurant, shopping store etc.

REQUIREMENTS

16 year old or above, Can speak local language well
No experience needed like shopping

JOBS PAY

Most of the time you will need to spend 20 minutes on the visit.
Our company will pay you $ 275 / each work.

Please provide the following information if you are interested and we will return

Full N m e s:
Physical full:
S t t i t e_C y_Zip:
PhoneNumber:
CurrentJob:
EmailAddress:

Thank you for your participation and being here with us.

Sincerely,

The MS applications team
© 2017 SR & I. All rights reserved.

So yes another out reach from a scammer with bad syntax and spelling.
http://www.mspa-na.org/benefits/avoid-scams
Stick with MSPA Companies to Avoid Scammers
Scammers are operating by pretending to be the MSPA or our member companies, and seeking shopper details by email or telephone. MSPA North America neither advises shoppers to respond to any email requesting payment from them in advance of conducting assessments, nor to any requests that they cash checks and wire the funds to someone else.

You have to be odd to be #1.
22-05-2017, 09:01 AM
A random thought I had recently:

Back at the end of WW1, Germany went thought a bit of an economic crisis. This meant that they had the bright idea of printing more money than they had gold in the old vaults, resulting in hyper inflation. For example in 1918, a loaf of bread would cost 1 "Deutsche mark", which was roughly just under a value of £1 at various times. By 1923 this cost around 200,000,000 Deutsche marks, but the money was still worth about £1 lol. This results in people taking a wheelbarrow full of notes, to pay for a loaf of bread.

My thought was: with the above....it must have been bonkers in the local strip clubs. Like you stuff 200,000,000 Deutsche marks into a girls pants, and it's barely £1? Crikey. I don't know what's worse, that it was worth so little or she could be effectively wearing more clothes because of the amount you'd handed over.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 4 users Like OakTree500's post
22-05-2017, 05:20 PM
I made an appointment to get my hair trimmed next week...it's about to the center of my back...as soon as I made the appointment I started thinking about cutting it fairly short again. Decisions, decisions. Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-05-2017, 07:22 PM
I just saw a clip of the Duggars (19 Kids and Counting) visiting the Creation Museum. My first thought was, "Wow, so that's like a whole day's worth of people for that place, right?"

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
22-05-2017, 08:15 PM
Sometimes I wish we had a "Ask Me Anything" subforum.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
22-05-2017, 10:34 PM
Given that time passes more slowly in higher gravity, the inside of the earth is younger than the crust. https://www.sciencenews.org/article/cent...er-surface

Would a Star Trek ship's artificial gravity also affect time? How much artificial gravity would it take to significantly shorten a space journey and how could a human survive in it?

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
[+] 1 user Likes daylightisabadthing's post